Students must fulfill the following criteria to graduate:
- Complete all the graduate courses required by the individual departments.
- Give an oral presentation on their research progress.
- Submit a thesis and pass the oral defence of the thesis.
- Complete the Improving Postgraduate Learning (IPL) course 'Observing Intellectual Property and Copyright Law during Research
- Complete an IT Proficiency Test. Those admitted in 2004-5 and thereafter who have passed the International Computer Driving Test may apply for exemption from the Test. Tests are graded pass or fail and multiple attempts are allowed. Upon graduation, the transcript will show 'IT Proficiency Passed'.
- When deemed necessary by advisor / supervisor, student (including non-Chinese speaking student) may be required to take a required language.