JUPAS applicants are required to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- In one sitting of the HKCEE, grade E or above in at least seven subjects, with good grades in any two language subjects (Chinese Language and English Language are preferred*) and Mathematics or Additional Mathematics; and
- In one sitting of the HKALE#, grade E or above in AS Chinese Language and Culture, AS Use of English and 2 AL subjects or 1 AL and 2 AS subjects.
Level 2 or above for Chinese Language and English language is required for applicants sitting the HKCEE from 2007 onwards.
For applicants sitting HKALE in their Secondary 6 and 7, the results of both sittings will be considered.
Please visit the relevant webpages if you seek admission under
- Non-JUPAS channel (on the strength of qualifications other than HKALE)
- Early Admissions Scheme
- Non-local channel
Our admission formula = 50% HKCEE + 50% HKALE, where
HKCEE = Chi, Eng and Math + 4 best subjects
Starting from 2007, the grade point conversation for Chinese Language and English Language is Grade 5*=5, Grade 5=4, Grade 4=3, Grade 3=2, Grade 2=1
HKALE = AS Chi + AS Eng + 2 best AL Subjects (OR 1AL + 2AS subjects)
Bonus for additional passed AL subject – 0.125 for A, 0.1 for B, 0.075 for C, 0.05 for D, 0.025 for E
Bonus for additional, passed AS subjects – 0.0625 for A, 0.05 for B, 0.0375 for C, 0.025 for D, 0.0125 for E
HKCEE Chi and Math double-counted
HKALE AS Use of Eng double-counted
A student gets:
Therefore, he will totally get 3.8470 points (2.16666 + 1.68035).
CUHK reserves the right to amend or alter the components and/or weighting of the admission formula and evaluation criteria without prior notice.
Integrated BBA Program is designed on a credit unit system. For graduation, a Secondary 6 and a Secondary 7 entrant* shall complete at least 123 and 99 units of courses respectively which include:
- 15 units of General Education courses ;
- 2 units of Physical Education courses ;
- 24 units of Foundation Requirement#, including 9 units of language courses, 6 units of General Education courses and 9 units of Major/Faculty requirement
- normally up to 72 required units of Major courses ;
- remaining units in Minor and/or elective courses of a student's own free choice (subject to timetable, course load, study scheme constraints, etc.).
A Secondary 6 (or 7) entrant means a student who has been admitted to the University after completion of Secondary 6 (or 7) in a school or on equivalent qualifications.
Applicable to Secondary 6 entrants.