The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School’s magazine “CUHK Business” provides a platform to inform readers of selected business topics and school updates through articles written by staff and guest writers. Situated at the world’s doorway to China, with a well developed foundation in business education and research, CUHK Business School has a unique role in nurturing business leaders of tomorrow. We hope you will find the articles interesting and stimulating.
- When Family Trusts Affect the Value of Firms
Share transfer restriction may induce family shirking problems, make family conflicts difficult to resolve, and distort firm decisions.
- Earning a High Salary and Having a Secure Job May Make You More Optimistic
After the reunification of East and West Germany, what types of work experiences may boost employees’ optimism, and how optimism may change their work experiences?
- How Labour Power Shapes Corporate Payout Policy
Work forces trying to limit dividends are most successful in nations with broader collective bargaining and effective labour law enforcement.
- Does Religion Affect Loan Approvals?
Research reveals banks offer favourable loan terms to religious borrowers.
- The Spark of Joy as a Guiding Light
Whether Dr. John Lai is lecturing, directing a programme or conducting research, you’ll always find a spark in his eyes, with an intent on creating excellence in his students and the tasks at hand.
- Not Your Typical Student
Diane Sohn is a Korean, a mother of two, and a full-time employee at an investment bank. She quickly adapted to life as a part-time student in the Master of Accountancy Programme and shares her diverse experience.
- Quality Entertainment Knows No Boundaries
Alumna Lovinia Chiu loves bringing joy to people through quality entertainment programmes. After completing her EMBA study, she set her eyes on an IPO for her company Medialink.
- The #CUHKBusinessSchool Bond in Legacy Families
For some families, CUHK education is a tradition. These legacy families share the same education footsteps and cross-generational memories, passing on the heritage of their alma mater.
- Global Alumni Forum: Chaos • Order • Lead
Professors, distinguished alumni and expert speakers offered their contributions to the debates surrounding how business leaders should manage increasingly chaotic times and global challenges.
- School News Highlights
- Alumni Appreciation Ceremony in Honour of Alumni Volunteers
- Sustaining Its Success in Dialogue with Women Chief Executives and Mentorship Programme 2019-20
- CUHK Accountancy Alumni Seize Awards at HKICPA Qualification Programme and ACCA Exams
- Prof. Norman Chan Advises Students to Practise Discernment
- The 2nd CUHK Derivatives and Quantitative Investing Conference
- Pre-PIM Conference in Hong Kong
- CUHK Conference on Financial Technology
- CUHK EMBA Ranks 24th in Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2019
Want even more insights? Subscribe to the monthly digest of China Business Knowledge and our biannual CUHK Business School magazine now!