B.Tech (IIT Bombay); MPP (NUS); PhD (Purdue University)
Assistant ProfessorContact Room 805, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7780
Prof. Ramakrishna Devarakonda is an Assistant Professor in Department of Management at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. His research interests are broadly in the areas of strategy and entrepreneurship. His current research investigates cooperative commercialisation strategies and technology entrepreneurship.
He has a PhD in Strategic Management (minor: Industrial Organisation). He obtained bachelor’s degree in engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), master’s in public policy from National University of Singapore.
Cooperative Commercialisation Strategies
- Publications & Working Paper
- Jeffrey J. Reuer and R. Devarakonda (2017), “Partner Selection in R&D Collaborations: Effect of Affiliations with Venture Capitalists,” Organization Science, 28(3).
- Jeffrey J. Reuer and R. Devarakonda (2015), “R&D Alliance Formation among VC-Backed Entrepreneurial Firms,” Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research BCERC Proceedings (FER), 34(2).
- “The allocation of control rights for startups in cooperative commercialization agreements: Effect of Founders and Venture Capitalists”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council
- Awards & Honours
- Wiley Blackwell Outstanding Dissertation Award Finalist, Business Policy and Strategy Division, Academy of Management, 2016
- Stevens Institute Wesley J. Howe Best Paper Award, Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), 2015