PhD (Purdue University)
Department of ManagementRoom 814, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7900
Prof. Shivaram Devarakonda is an Assistant Professor of Management at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He studies strategies firms employ to deal with technological change. His current research is examining the design of governance mechanisms in inter-organisational relationships.
Inter-organisation collaborations and their performance implications
Design of inter-firm contracts
Geographic agglomeration in technology intensive industries
Standards development organisations
- Publications & Working Papers
- J. J. Reuer and S. V. Devarakonda (2016), “Mechanisms of hybrid governance: Administrative committees in non-equity alliances,” Academy of Management Journal, 59(2), 510-533.
- S. V. Devarakonda and J. J. Reuer (2018), “Knowledge sharing and safeguarding in R&D collaborations: The role of steering committees in biotechnology alliances,” Strategic Management Journal, 39(7), 1912-1934.
- S.V. Devarakonda, B.T. McCann, and J. J. Reuer, “Marshallian forces and governance externalities: Location effects on contractual safeguards in R&D alliances,” Organization Science, forthcoming.
- S. V. Devarakonda and J. J. Reuer, “Safeguarding from the Sharks: Board Representation in Minority Equity Partnerships,” Organization Science, forthcoming.
- S.V. Devarakonda, E. Klijn, J. J. Reuer and V. Duplat (2017), “The Effect of Legal Institutions on the Design of Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in IJVs.” In Academy of Management Proceedings, 2017(1), p. 14404, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
- J. J. Reuer and S.V. Devarakonda (2012), “Beyond contracts: governing structures in non-equity alliances.” In Academy of Management Proceedings, 2012(1), pp. 1-1, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
- Academic/Professional Services
- Ad hoc reviewer for Strategic Management Journal, Global Strategy Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, and Academy of Management conference.
- Track chair AOM conference, Atlanta (BPS division)