Hu, Mandy Mantian
BA (Fudan University); MA (Tufts University); MPhil, PhD (New York)
Director, Centre for Marketing Engineering
Department of MarketingRoom 1124, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 5908
Word of Mouth
Consumer Search and Learning
TMT, Auto and FinTech industries
- Publications & Working Papers
- Mantian Hu, Chu Dang, and Pradeep Chintagunta (2019), “Search and learning in a daily deals site,” Marketing Science, 38(4), July–August 2019, 609-642.
- Mantian Hu, Sha Yang, and Yi Xu (2019), “Understanding the Social Learning Effect in Contagious Switching Behavior,” Management Science, 65(10), 4771-4794.
- P. C. Verhoef, A. T. Stephen, P. K. Kannan, X. Luo, V. Abhishek, M. Andrews, … & Mantian Hu (2017), “Consumer connectivity in a complex, technology-enabled, and mobile-oriented world with smart products,” Journal of Interactive Marketing, 40, 1-8.
- Mantian Mandy Hu, and Russell S. Winer (2016), “The “tipping point” feature of social coupons: An empirical investigation,” International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Sha Yang, Mandy Mantian Hu, Russ Winer, and Henry Assael (2012), “An Empirical Study of Word-of-Mouth Generation and Consumption,” Marketing Science, 31(6), 952-963.
- Mantian Hu, Tong Zhao, and Irwin King, “It’s About Time! Recommendation Systems for Sequential Decisions,” 3rd round at Journal of Marketing Research.
- Mantian Hu, Chih-sheng Hsieh, and Jamie Jia, “Predicting Peer Influence using Network Structures,” under review at International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Junji Xiao, Mantian Hu, Steve Lu, “Incumbent or entrant? The mutual choices between car dealers and manufacturers,” under review at Journal of Retailing.
- Mantian Hu, Junji Xiao and Luxi Shen, “The Selection Effect of Quota Rationing Mechanisms on Auto Sales: Convergence of Pricing and Non-Pricing Schemes”, working paper.
- Mantian Hu, Chih-sheng Hsieh, and Jamie Jia, “Network Based Targeting: The Effectiveness of Peer Influence within Social Networks,” working paper.
- “Big Data Applications in the Telecommunications Industry,” edited by Ye Ouyang and Mantian Hu; IGI Global: ISBN 1522517502, 9781522517504.
- “Mining Over Air: Wireless Communication Networks Analytics,” Ye Ouyang, Mantian Hu, Alexis Huet, and Zhongyuan Li; Springer: ISBN 978-3-319-92312-3
- “Consumer Behaviour Within a Network: Modelling Network Formation and the Effects of Network Structure”, awarded by Research Grants Council with HK$540,000, 2016-2019
- “Consumer Buying and Referral of Social Coupons: Modelling Consumer Sequential Choices under Uncertainty and Assurance Contract “, awarded by Research Grants Council with HK$523,992, 2014-2016 (Principal Investigator)
- Awards & Honours
- Society for Marketing Advances Best Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Award, and Sharon Beatty Best Service Proposal Award, 2011
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, TCU, 2010
- Doctoral Fellowship in Marketing, NYU, 2007-2012
- Graduate Academic Scholarship, Tufts University, 2003-2005
- University Scholarships for Superior Academic Performance, Fudan University, 1999-2003