BA, MA (Ajou U, Korea); PhD (South Carolina)
Department of ManagementRoom 814, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7900
Prof. Sophia S. Jeong is an Assistant Professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School, where she teaches Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour. Her research focuses on processes leading to cooperative behaviour, prosocial behaviours and interpersonal conflict, including emotions, trust, and values, in the context of dyads and workgroups. Her work has been published in the Journal of Applied Psychology and the Journal of Management. She received her doctorate from the University of South Carolina.
Human Resource Management
Moral and Social Emotions
- Publications & Working Papers
- M. A. Korsgaard, B. M. Meglino, W. L. Lester, and Sophia Jeong (2010), “Paying You Back or Paying Me Forward: Understanding Rewarded and Unrewarded Organisational Citizenship Behaviour,” Journal of Applied Psychology, 95, 277-290.
- M. A. Korsgaard, B. M. Meglino, and Sophia Jeong (2010), “The Role of Motivational Orientations in Formal and Informal Control.” In Control in Organisations: New Directions in Theory and Research, Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press.
- M. A. Korsgaard, Sophia Jeong, D. M. Mahony, and A. H. Pitariu (2008), “A Multilevel View of Intragroup Conflict,” Journal of Management, 34, 1222-1252.
- M. A. Korsgaard, A. H. Pitariu, and Sophia Jeong (2008), “Trust in Management: An Interpersonal Perspective,” The SAGE Handbook of Organisational Behaviour, London: SAGE, 1, 89-105.