BBA (John Ruskin University, Cambridge); MA (Hull); PhD (Plymouth)
Associate Professor of Practice in Management
Associate Director, MBA Programmes
Department of ManagementRoom 813, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7773
- Publications & Working Papers
Published Refereed Academic Journals
- Roger Levermore and Neil Moore (2015), “The need to apply new theories to “Sport CSR,” Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 15:2, 249-253.
- Roger Levermore (2014), “How ‘organisational geography’ influences the shaping of CSR: an example of seven Japanese MNEs,” Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 56: December, 67-82.
- Neil Moore and Roger Levermore (2012), “English professional football clubs: Can business parameters of small and medium-sized enterprises be applied?” Sport, Business, Management: An International Journal, 3:2, 196-209.
- Roger Levermore (2011), “Analysing the extent to which evaluation of corporate social responsibility for development through sport is conducted,” Third World Quarterly, 32:3, 322-335.
- Roger Levermore (2011), “Sport-for-development and the 2010 football World Cup,” Geography Compass, 5:12, 886-897.
- Roger Levermore (2010), “CSR for development through sport: Examining its potential and limitations,” Third World Quarterly, 31:2, 223-241.
- Roger Levermore and Peter Millward (2007), “Official policies and informal transversal networks: Creating ‘pan-European identifications’ through sport?” Sociological Review 55:1, 144-164.
- Roger Levermore and Aaron Beacom (Eds) (2012), Sport and International Development, London: Palgrave.
- Roger Levermore and Adrian Budd (Eds) (2004), Sport and International Relations: An emerging relationship, London: Routledge.
- Awards & Honours
- 2015 winner of the ‘Common Core’ excellence in teaching award, HKUST (out of 300 Common Core courses)
- 2016 winner of the HKUST ‘Franklin prize’ for UG core course teaching
- Finalist for the annual HKUST MBA core teaching excellence award (‘Franklin prize’), June 2014 & 2015
- Dean’s commendation for excellence in teaching of undergraduate and MBA teaching at HKUST, 2013-18
- Previous Employment
- Interim Director/Associate Director, HKUST MBA Programs, 2012-2018
- Associate Professor of Business Management Education, HKUST 2012-2018
- Lecturer, University of Liverpool (International Development), 2001-2012
- Head of Programs (UG then MBA), University of Liverpool, 2002-2010
- PhD (University of Plymouth) – focused on decision-making within a trade agreement negotiated between the European Union and South Africa, 1998-2001