BBA (John Ruskin University, Cambridge); MA (Hull); PhD (Plymouth)
Associate Professor of Practice in Management
Associate Director, MBA Programmes
Department of ManagementRoom 813, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7773
Prof. Roger Levermore is the Associate Director of MBA programmes and Associate Professor in business management at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He was educated in the U.K. and South Africa and has taught and researched on a range of subjects including leadership, strategy, ethics and sports management. He has led MBA programmes in the U.K. (2005-2010) and in Hong Kong (2012 to present). Prior to joining CUHK, Professor Levermore worked at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2012-2018).
- Publications & Working Papers
Published Refereed Academic Journals
- Roger Levermore and Neil Moore (2015), “The need to apply new theories to “Sport CSR,” Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 15:2, 249-253.
- Roger Levermore (2014), “How ‘organisational geography’ influences the shaping of CSR: an example of seven Japanese MNEs,” Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 56: December, 67-82.
- Neil Moore and Roger Levermore (2012), “English professional football clubs: Can business parameters of small and medium-sized enterprises be applied?” Sport, Business, Management: An International Journal, 3:2, 196-209.
- Roger Levermore (2011), “Analysing the extent to which evaluation of corporate social responsibility for development through sport is conducted,” Third World Quarterly, 32:3, 322-335.
- Roger Levermore (2011), “Sport-for-development and the 2010 football World Cup,” Geography Compass, 5:12, 886-897.
- Roger Levermore (2010), “CSR for development through sport: Examining its potential and limitations,” Third World Quarterly, 31:2, 223-241.
- Roger Levermore and Peter Millward (2007), “Official policies and informal transversal networks: Creating ‘pan-European identifications’ through sport?” Sociological Review 55:1, 144-164.
- Roger Levermore and Aaron Beacom (Eds) (2012), Sport and International Development, London: Palgrave.
- Roger Levermore and Adrian Budd (Eds) (2004), Sport and International Relations: An emerging relationship, London: Routledge.
- Awards & Honours
- 2015 winner of the ‘Common Core’ excellence in teaching award, HKUST (out of 300 Common Core courses)
- 2016 winner of the HKUST ‘Franklin prize’ for UG core course teaching
- Finalist for the annual HKUST MBA core teaching excellence award (‘Franklin prize’), June 2014 & 2015
- Dean’s commendation for excellence in teaching of undergraduate and MBA teaching at HKUST, 2013-18
- Previous Employment
- Interim Director/Associate Director, HKUST MBA Programs, 2012-2018
- Associate Professor of Business Management Education, HKUST 2012-2018
- Lecturer, University of Liverpool (International Development), 2001-2012
- Head of Programs (UG then MBA), University of Liverpool, 2002-2010
- PhD (University of Plymouth) – focused on decision-making within a trade agreement negotiated between the European Union and South Africa, 1998-2001