B.S. (USTC); Ph.D. (NUS)
Adjunct Assistant ProfessorContact
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 901, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7813
Bin Liu joined the School of Management and Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Shenzhen in May 2016. He received his bachelor degree in mathematics and applied mathematics from University of Science and Technology of China and his Ph.D. in economics from National University of Singapore. His research interests include mechanism design, industrial organisation, contests, and auctions.
- Publications & Working Papers
- Shifting Supports in Eso and Szentes (2007), (with Dongri Liu and Jingfeng Lu), Economics Letters, 193 (2020), 109251.
- Enhancing Effort Supply with Prize-Augmenting Entry Fees: Theory and Experiments, (with Robert G. Hammond, Jingfeng Lu, and Yohanes E. Riyanto), International Economic Review, 60(3), 2019, 1063-1096.
- The Optimal Allocation of Prizes in Contests with Costly Entry, (with Jingfeng Lu), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 66 (2019), 137-161.
- Pairing Provision Price and Default Remedy: Optimal Two-Stage Procurement with Private R&D Efficiency, (with Jingfeng Lu), The RAND Journal of Economics, 49 (2018), 619-655.
- Optimal Prize Allocation in Contests: The Role of Negative Prizes, (with Jingfeng Lu, Ruqu Wang, and Jun Zhang), Journal of Economic Theory, 175 (2018), 291-317.
- Many-To-Many Disjoint Paths in Hypercubes with Faulty Vertices, (with Xiang-Jun Li, Meijie Ma, and Jun-Ming Xu), Discrete Applied Mathematics, 217 (2017), 229-242.