B.E. (COEP); MBA (SPJIMR); PhD (NUS)
Department of ManagementRoom 811, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7797
Prof. Siddharth Natarajan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. Prof. Natarajan’s research centres on how companies can better manage their business and technology portfolios. His current research focuses on the role of complementarities in commercialization. Prior to joining the academia, Prof. Natarajan worked as a manager with multinational firms in the areas of product management and strategy.
- Publications & Working Papers
- Siddharth Natarajan, Pasha Mahmood, and Will Mitchell (2019), “Middle management involvement in resource allocation: The evolution of automated teller machines and bank branches in India,” Strategic Management Journal, 40(7): 1070-1096.
- Kulwant Singh, Pasha Mahmood, and Siddharth Natarajan (2017), “Capital Market Development and Firm Restructuring During an Economic Shock,” Organization Science, 28(3): 552–573.
Best Paper Proceedings
- Tianyou Hu, Siddharth Natarajan, Andrew Delios (2016), “Sister-city Ties and Location Choice: Multinationals’ Strategies to Reduce Political Uncertainty,” Academy of Management Proceedings, 2016(1).
- Siddharth Natarajan, “Benefiting from Innovation: How the Innovation-Performance Relationship is Affected by User Adoption of Complementary Technologies.”
- Siddharth Natarajan, Fenglong Xiao, and Pasha Mahmood, “Analyst Coverage and Innovation Productivity.”
- Siddharth Natarajan, Pasha Mahmood, and Will Mitchell , “External Complementary Assets and Entry into Adjacent Markets.”
- Siddharth Natarajan and Pasha Mahmood, “Competition Networks and Entry into New Markets.”
- Awards & Honours
- President’s Graduate Fellowship, National University of Singapore, 2015-2018
- NUS Research Fellowship 2014
- Dean’s Merit List, S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research 2009
- Best Graduating Student Award, College of Engineering, Pune, 2005
- Best Student Award from Tata Consultancy Services Limited, 2005