BA (HKU); MA (UCLA); Ph. D. (UCLA)
Adjunct Assistant ProfessorContact
Department of Decisions, Operations and TechnologyRoom 901, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7813
Dr. Song Yangbo is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. Dr. Song got his bachelor degree in economics and finance from the University of Hong Kong and his Ph.D. in economics from University of California, Los Angeles. He joined the School of Management and Economics of CUHK-Shenzhen in August 2016. His research interests include game theory and its applications, information economics and network economics.
- Publications & Working Papers
- “Dynamic R&D Competition under Uncertainty and Strategic Disclosure,” with Mofei Zhao, revise and resubmit, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- “Viral Social Learning,” with David McAdams.
- “Local Obfuscation and Global Manipulation: Information Design in Coordination Games,” with Fei Li and Mofei Zhao.
- “Optimal Sequence in Teamwork,” with Zhuoran Lu.
- “Supplier Relationship-Specific Investments, Operating Leverage, and Cost of Equity,” with Yi Ding, Jin Wang, and Xiaoqiao Wang.
- “Does Gradualism Build Cooperation? Evidence from a Finitely Repeated Investment Experiment,” with Xiangting Hu and Maoliang Ye.
- “Learning of Actions in Finitely Repeated Games,” with Mofei Zhao.
- “Innovate or Expand: A Reputational Theory,” with Mofei Zhao.
- “Why Scientists Chase Big Problems/Hot Topics: Individual Strategy and Social Optimality,” with Jacob Foster and Carl Bergstrom.
- “Social Learning with Coordination Motives,” with Jiahua Zhang, accepted, Games and Economic Behavior.
- “Dynamic Network Formation with Foresighted Agents,” with Mihaela van der Schaar, International Journal of Game Theory, 49(2) (2020), 345-384.
- “Repeated Network Games with Dominant Actions and Individual Rationality,” with Mihaela van der Schaar, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 6(4) (2019), 812-823.
- “The governance role of institutional investors in information disclosure: Evidence from institutional investors’ corporate visits,”, with Yuchen Lin and Jinsong Tan, Nankai Business Review International, 8(3) (2017), 304-323.
- “Social Learning with Endogenous Observation,” Journal of Economic Theory, 166 (11) (2016): 324-333.
- “Dynamic Network Formation with Incomplete Information,” with Mihaela van der Schaar, Economic Theory, 59(2) (2015): 301-331.
- “Sharing in Networks of Strategic Agents,” with Jie Xu and Mihaela van der Schaar, IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process. – Special Issue on “Signal Processing for Social Networks” 8(4) (2014): 717-731.
- “Incentivizing Information Sharing in Networks,” with Jie Xu and Mihaela van der Schaar, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP).