BEcon (Fudan); MSc (Norwegian Business School); PhD (Nanyang Technological University)
Department of FinanceRoom 1236, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7443
Prof. Wenrui Zhang is an Associate Professor at the Department of Finance of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). His research interests mainly lie in the field of empirical corporate finance, including corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate innovation, capital structure, employee compensation, corporate social responsibility, and financial disclosure and reporting.
His educational background includes a Ph.D. in Finance from Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University, a Master of Science in Financial Economics from BI Norwegian Business School, and a Bachelor of Economics from Fudan University.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Social Capital and Corporate Strategy
- Publications & Working Papers
- Fei Xie, Bohui Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2022), “Trust, Incomplete Contracting, and Corporate Innovation,” Management Science, 68, 3419-3443.
- Zhongda He, Guannan Qiao, Le Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2021), “Regulator Supervisory Power and Bank Loan Contracting,” Journal of Banking and Finance, 126, 106062.
- Fariborz Moshirian, Xuan Tian, Bohui Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2021), “Stock Market Liberalization and Innovation,” Journal of Financial Economics, 139, 985-1014.
- Xin Chang, Yangyang Chen, Sarah Qian Wang, Kuo Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2019), “Credit Default Swaps and Corporate Innovation“, Journal of Financial Economics, 134, 474-500.
- Xin Chang, Kangkang Fu, Angie Low, and Wenrui Zhang (2015), “Non-executive Employee Stock Options and Corporate Innovation,” Journal of Financial Economics, 115, 168-188.
- “Product Market Competition and Corporate Trademark Creation”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2015-2017.
- Awards and Honours
- The Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies Award for the Best Reviewer, 2016
- The Chinese Finance Association Award for the Best Paper in Corporate Finance, 2013