BEcon (Fudan); MSc (Norwegian Business School); PhD (Nanyang Technological University)
Department of FinanceRoom 1236, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7443
Prof. Wenrui Zhang is an Assistant Professor at Department of Finance of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Before joining CUHK in 2014, he had been teaching at Xiamen University and Nanyang Technological University.
His research interests include 1) corporate finance: corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate innovation, capital structure, employee compensation, and laws and regulations; 2) accounting: financial reporting.
His educational background includes a PhD in Finance from the Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University in 2012, a Master of Science (by research) in Financial Economics from the Norwegian Business School in 2006 and a Bachelor of Economics in International Economics from the Fudan University in 2004.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Social Capital and Corporate Strategy
- Publications & Working Papers
- Fariborz Moshirian, Xuan Tian, Bohui Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2019), “Stock Market Liberalization and Innovation,” Journal of Financial Economics, conditionally accepted.
- Xin Chang, Yangyang Chen, Sarah Qian Wang, Kuo Zhang, and Wenrui Zhang (2018), “Credit Default Swaps and Corporate Innovation“, Journal of Financial Economics, 134, 474-500..
- Xin Chang, Kangkang Fu, Angie Low, and Wenrui Zhang (2015), “Non-executive Employee Stock Options and Corporate Innovation,” Journal of Financial Economics, 115, 168-188.
- “Product Market Competition and Corporate Trademark Creation”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2015-2017.
- Awards and Honours
- The Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies Award for the Best Reviewer, 2016
- The Chinese Finance Association Award for the Best Paper in Corporate Finance, 2013