Prof. Kevin Tseng is an Associate Professor at the Chinses University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He previously taught at the National Taiwan University (NTU) as the EMBA Alumni Elite Chair and the Chen-Yung Outstanding Scholar. Before joining NTU, he was a Financial Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and an Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas’ School of Business.
Prof. Tseng has a broad research interest. He has published in the areas of intangibles, asset pricing, disclosure, innovation, corporate finance, and behavioral economics. His articles have appeared in leading scholarly journals, including The Journal of Finance, the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Contemporary Accounting Research, and the Journal of Economics and Management Strategy. In 2022, he received the MOST Outstanding Research Award; in 2015, he received the WFA Cubist Systematic Strategies PhD Candidate Award for Outstanding Research.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Publications & Working Papers
- Yen-Cheng Chang, Alexander Ljungqvist, and Kevin Tseng (2023), “Do Corporate Disclosures Constrain Strategic Analyst Behavior?” Review of Financial Studies, 36(8), 3163-3212.
- Kevin Tseng (2022), “Learning from the Joneses: Technology Spillover, Innovation Externality, and Stock Returns,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, 73(2-3), 101748.
- Yen-Cheng Chang, Pei-Jie Hsiao, Alexander Ljungqvist, and Kevin Tseng (2022), “Testing Disagreement Models,” The Journal of Finance, 77(4), 2239-2285.
- Po-Hsuan Hsu, Dongmei Li, Qin Li, Siew Hong Teoh, and Kevin Tseng (2022), “Valuation of New Trademarks,” Management Science, 68(1), 257-279.
- Po-Hsuan Hsu, Hai-Ping Hui, Hsiao-Hui Lee, and Kevin Tseng (2022), “Supply Chain Technology Spillover, Customer Concentration, and Product Invention,” Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 31(2), 393-417.
- Heitor Almeida, Po-Hsuan Hsu, Dongmei Li, and Kevin Tseng (2021), “More Cash, Less Innovation: The Effect of the American Jobs Creation Act on Patent Value,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis(Lead article), 56(1), 1-28.
- Yen-Cheng Chang, Minjie Huang, Yu-Siang Su, and Kevin Tseng (2021), “Short-Termist CEO Compensation in Speculative Markets: A Controlled Experiment,” Contemporary Accounting Research, 38(3), 2105-2156.
- Awards & Honours
- MOST Outstanding Research Award, 2022
- Early-Career Investigator Research Achievement Award, Academia Sinica, 2022
- Young Researcher Award, Taiwan Econometrics Society, 2022
- Young Researcher Award, Taiwan Risk and Insurance Association, 2022
- E. Sun Academic Award, E.SUN FHC & National Taiwan University, 2021-2023
- Best Paper Award, TFA Annual Meeting, 2018, 2020-2022
- Best Paper Award, Management and Practice Conference, 2021
- Chen-Yung Outstanding Scholar, National Taiwan University, 2020
- EMBA Alumni Elite Chair, National Taiwan University, 2020
- Best Paper Award Semifinalist, Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting, 2018-2019, 2023 (*2)
- Best Paper Award, Asian Finance Association (Asian FA), 2016
- Ph.D. Candidate Award for Outstanding Research, Western Finance Association (WFA), 2015
- PhD Forum Best Paper Award Second Prize, Australasian Finance and Banking Conference (AFBC), 2014
- Academic/Professional Services
- Ad-Hoc Referee, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Contemporary Accounting Research, Research Policy, Review of Corporate Finance Studies, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance
- Organising Committee, 2019 TFA Asset Pricing
- Programme Committee, Northern Finance Association (NFA), Financial Management Association (FMA), Financial Management Association Asia/Pacific (FMA Asia), Southern Finance Association (SFA)