Prof. Jing Wu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. His main research fields are the operations-finance interface, economic networks, quantitative investment, and machine learning applications. Prior to joining CUHK, he served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management Sciences at College of Business, City University of Hong Kong (2016-2019). He also worked as a Quantitative Strategist at Deutsche Bank New York (2015-2016). He received his B.Engr in Electronic Engineering from Tsinghua and both his MBA and Ph.D. (major in operations, minor in economics & finance) from Chicago Booth.
Machine Learning Applications
- Publications & Working Papers
- Christopher S. Tang, S. Alex Yang, and Jing Wu (2018), “Sourcing from Suppliers with Financial Constraints and Performance Risk,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 20(1), 70-84.
- Senay Agca, Vlad Babich, John R. Birge, and Jing Wu, “Credit Risk Propagation along Supply Chains: Evidence from the CDS Market,” Management Science, in revision.
- Nikolay Osadchiy, William Schmidt, and Jing Wu, “The Bullwhip Effect in Supply Networks,” Management Science, in revision.
- Jie Ping, Jing Wu and Yu Zhang, “Global Supply Chains and Cross-Border Financing,” to be submitted soon.
- Vernon Hsu and Jing Wu, “The Financing Role of Inventory: Evidence from China’s Metal Industries,” to be submitted soon.
- John R. Birge and Jing Wu, “Supply Chain Network Structure and Firm Returns,” in revision.
- Start-up Fund awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2019-2022
- Start-up Fund awarded by City University of Hong Kong, 2016-2019
- Sidney Davidson Doctoral Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2015-2016
- John and Serena Liew Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2014-2015
- Fama-Miller Center Grant for Research in Finance awarded by Chicago Booth, 2014-2015
- Chicago Booth Doctoral Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2011-2015
- Awards & Honours
- The Farsight Award, Long Finance, 2015-2016
- Academic/Professional Services
- Reviewer for Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Journal of Operations Management, and Information Systems Research