I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decisions, Operations and Technology at the CUHK Business School. I hold a PhD in Information Systems from the McCombs School of Business, the University of Texas at Austin. My research aims to develop machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to solve business problems. Specifically, my recent projects develop novel ML and AI methods to evaluate workers’ decision accuracy and societal bias in many key domains including health care, fraud detection, fact checking, finance, and online labor markets. I earned a dual B.S. degree in Computer Science and Statistics from Purdue University, IN.
Business Information Systems
Experts/Labelers’ Decision Quality Assessment
Human AI Collaboration
Fair and Responsible AI
- Publications & Working Papers
- Wanxue Dong, Maytal Saar-Tsechansky, and Geva Tomer, “A ML-based framework towards Transparency in Experts’ Decision Performance,” Management Science. Minor Revise and Resubmit (minor revision to be submitted in September 2023)
- Wanxue Dong, Maria De Arteaga, and Maytal Saar-Tsechansky, “Labelers’ Decision Biases Assessments – A New ML-based Method,” To be submitted to an IS journal soon.
- Provost Research Grant awarded by The University of Texas at Austin, 2021-2022
- Awards & Honours
- Graduate School Summer, The University of Texas at Austin, 2022
- College Continuing Fellowship, The University of Texas at Austin, 2021
- McCombs Dean’s Fellowship, The University of Texas at Austin, 2017-2021
- Academic/Professional Services
- Reviewer, Management Information Systems Quarterly (MISQ), 2023
- Reviewer, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2023