BSc (National Taiwan); MBA; PhD (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
Executive Director, The Asia-Pacific Institute of Business
Director, Asian Institute of Supply Chains and Logistics
Director, Centre of Cyber Logistics
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 846, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7816
- Publications & Working Papers
- Gang Chen, Waiman Cheung, Sung Chi Chu, and Liang Xu (2017), “Transshipment hub selection from a shipper’s and freight forwarder’s perspective,” Expert Systems With Applications, 83, 396-404.
- Timon Chih-ting Du, Vincent Siu-king Lai, Waiman Cheung, and Xiling Cui (2012), “Willingness to share information in a supply chain: A partnership-data-process perspective,” Information & Management, 49, 89-98.
- Jeff Hoi-yan Yeung, Waiman Cheung, Michael Ka-yiu Fung, Xiande Zhao, and Min Zhang (2010), “The air cargo and express industry in Hong Kong: economic contribution and competitiveness,” International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 2(3), 321-345.
- H. Zhou, Waiman Cheung, and Lawrence C. Leung (2009), “Minimizing weighted tardiness of job-shop scheduling using a hybrid genetic algorithm,” European Journal of Operational Research, 194, 637-649.
- Man Kit Chang, Waiman Cheung, Chun Hung Cheng, and Jeff Hoi-yan Yeung (2008), “Understanding ERP system adoption from the user’s perspective,” International Journal of Production Economics, 113(2), 928-942.
- S. Chu, Lawrence C. Leung, Y. V. Hui, and Waiman Cheung (2007), “Evolution of e-commerce Web sites: Conceptual framework and a longitudinal study,” Information & Management, 44(2), 154-164.
- Waiman Cheung and G. Babin (2006), “A Metadatabase Enabled Executive Information System (Part A): A Flexible and Adaptable Architecture,” Decision Support Systems, 42(3), 1589-1598.
- Waiman Cheung and G. Babin (2006), “A Metadatabase Enabled Executive Information System (Part B): Methods for Dynamic Multidimensional Data Analysis,” Decision Support Systems, 42(3), 1599-1612.
- Waiman Cheung, Lawrence C. Leung, and P. Wan (2005), “An Intelligent Decision Support System for Service Network Planning,” Decision Support Systems, 39(3), 419-428.
- Man Kit Chang, Waiman Cheung, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2005), “Literature Derived Reference Models for the Adoption of Online Shopping,” Information & Management, 42(4), 543-559.
- Anming Zhang, George Wang-liang Hui, Lawrence C. Leung, Waiman Cheung, and Yer Van Hui (2004), Air Cargo in Mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Sophia Wang and Waiman Cheung (2004), “E-Business Adoption by Travel Agencies: Prime Candidates for Mobile e-Business,” International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 8(3), 43-63.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai, B. K. Wong, and Waiman Cheung (2002), “Group decision making in a multiple criteria environment: a case of AHP in software selection,” European Journal of Information Systems, 137, 134-144.
- M. K. Chang and Waiman Cheung (2001), “Determinants of the Intention to Use Internet/WWW at Work: A Confirmatory Study,” Information and Management, 39, 1-14.
- Waiman Cheung, Lawrence C. Leung, and Y. M. Wong (2001), “Strategic Service Network Design for DHL, Hong Kong,” Interfaces, 31, 1-14.
- Waiman Cheung and H. Zhou (2001), “Using Genetic Algorithms and Heuristics for Job shop Scheduling with Sequence-dependent Setup Times,” Annals of Operations Research, 107, 65-81.
- Lawrence C. Leung, Waiman Cheung, and Y. V. Hui (2000), “A Framework for a Logistics E-commerce Community Network: The Hong Kong Air Cargo Industry,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, Cybernetics, 30(4), 446-455.
- Lawrence C. Leung and Waiman Cheung (2000), “An Integrative Decision Methodology for Designing and Operating an Air-Express Courier’s Distribution Network,” Decision Sciences, 31(1), 105-128.
- Waiman Cheung, M. K. Chang, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2000), “Prediction of Internet and World Wide Web Usage at Work: A Test of an Extended Triandis Model,” Decision Support Systems, 30, 83-100.
- Awards & Honours
- “RFID-based Interoperable Gateway for Logistics Service Platforms (RIG) (用於物流服務平臺互聯互通射頻識別交換閘)”, awarded by Innovation and Technology Support Programme, ITF, Innovation and Technology Commission, 2008-2009
- “Air Cargo Market Positioning of Zhuhai Airport (珠海機塲航空物流發展定位調研)”, awarded by Hong Kong Airport Authority, 2007
- “A Study in Advancing E-commerce Diffusion in Hong Kong”, awarded by Tradelink Electronic Commerce Limited, 2006-2007
- “A Privacy and Security Framework for EPC Network Infrastructure EPC (網絡的保安及私穩架構)”, awarded by GS1 Hong Kong, 2005-2006
- “Supply Chain Hub Study in Hong Kong and Pearl River Delta (PRD)”, awarded by DHL International (HK) Limited, 2004
- “Air Cargo Logistics Integration and Consolidation on a 4th Party B2B Platform: Issues and Models”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2002-2005
- “Identification of Standards and Protocols for the DTTN”, awarded by Accenture Company Ltd., 2002-2003