BS (Tianjin U); MSc (Shanghai Jiao Tong U); PhD (INSEAD France)
Coordinator, MPhil and PhD in Marketing Programme
Department of MarketingRoom 1111, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8613
Behavioural Decision Making
Marketing in China
Judgment and Decision Making
Motivation and Self Control
Happiness and Subjective Well-being
- Publications & Working Papers
- Canice Kwan, Xianchi Dai, and Robert S. Wyer (Forthcoming), “Contextual Influences on Message Persuasion: The Effect of Empty Space,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- Si Kao, Robert S. Wyer, and Xianchi Dai (2016), “Looking Forward and Looking Back: The Likelihood of an Event’s Future Reoccurrence Affects Perceptions of the Time It Occurred in the Past,” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 42 (November), 1577-1587.
- Ping Dong, Xianchi Dai, and Robert S. Wyer (2015), “Actors Conform, Observers React: The Effects of Behavioural Synchrony on Conformity,” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 108 (January), 60-75.
- Xianchi Dai and Ayelet Fishbach (2014), “How Non-Consumption Shapes Desire,” Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 41 (December), 936-952.
- Xianchi Dai, Ping Dong, and Jayson S. Jia (2014), “When Does Playing Hard To Get Increase Romantic Attraction,” Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 143, 521-526.
- Xianchi Dai and Ayelet Fishbach (2013), “When Waiting to Choose Increases Patience,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 12, 256-266.
- Xianchi Dai and Christopher Hsee (2013), “Wish versus Worry: Ownership Effects on Motivated Judgment,” Journal of Marketing Research, 50, 207-215.
- Xun Huang, Ping Dong, Xianchi Dai, and Robert S. Wyer (2012), “Going My Way? The Benefits of Travelling in the Same Direction,” Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 48, 978-981.
- Luxi Shen, Christopher Hsee, Jiao Zhang, and Xianchi Dai (2011), “The Art and Science of Guessing,” Emotion, 11, 1462-1468.
- Xianchi Dai, Miguel Brendl, and Dan Ariely (2010), “Wanting, Liking, and Preference Construction,” Emotion, 10, 324-334.
- Xianchi Dai, Klaus Wertenbroch, and Miguel Brendl (2008), “The Value Heuristic in Judgments of Relative Frequency,” Psychological Science, 19, 18-19.
- “Decision Making on An Empty Stomach: How Need States Affect Consumer Preferences in Inter-temporal Choices and Decisions Under Risk”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2015-2018
- “Motivational and Affective Processes in Preference Construction”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2013-2014
- “Preference Construction from Non-Consumption”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2010-2013
- Awards & Honours
- Young Researcher Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2015
- Best Paper Award, Advertising, Promotion, and Marketing Communications Track, American Marketing Association Summer Educators’ Conference, 2015
- Winner, de Finetti Award (Biennial), European Association for Decision Making (EADM), 2007
- Honorable Mention, INFORMS Decision Analysis Society Student Paper Award, 2007