BEng (CUHK); PhD (Illinois)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 909, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7654
Prof. Xiangyu Gao joined the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2017. Before this employment, he obtained his doctoral degree from Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. His research interests include inventory control, data-driven learning algorithms, dynamic programming, dynamic pricing, and cooperative game theory. His work has been published in Operations Research and Management Science.
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Data-driven Learning Algorithms
Cooperative Game Theory
- Publications & Working Papers
- Xin Chen and Xiangyu Gao (2019), “Stochastic Optimization with Decisions Truncated by Positively Dependent Random Variables,” Operations Research, 67(5), 1321-1327.
- Xin Chen, Xiangyu Gao, Zhenyu Hu and Qiong Wang (2019), “Population Monotonicity in Newsvendor Games,” Management Science, 65(5), 2142–2160.
- Xin Chen, Xiangyu Gao and Zhan Pang (2018), “Preservation of Structural Properties in Optimization with Decisions Truncated by Random Variables and Its Applications,” Operations Research, 66(2), 340-357.
- Xin Chen, Xiangyu Gao and Zhenyu Hu (2015), “A New Approach to Two-Location Joint Inventory and Transshipment Control via L-Natural-Convexity,” Operations Research Letters, 43(1), 65-68.