BS (Jilin); PhD (Chi Academy of Sciences); PhD (NUS)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 913, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 1654
Prof. Junfei Huang joined the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2013. His research interests are in asymptotic analysis and optimal control of queueing systems and their applications in services such as healthcare systems (e.g. emergency departments) and tele-services (e.g. telephone call centres). His work has been published in journals such as Operations Research and Mathematics of Operations Research. One of his papers (with co-authors) was awarded the Uriel G. Rothblum Prize for Excellent Work in Operations Research by the Operations Research Society of Israel.
Service Operations Management
- Publications & Working Papers
- J. Huang and I. Gurvich, “Beyond Heavy-Traffic Regimes: Universal Bounds and Controls for the Single-Server Queue,” Operations Research, Forthcoming.
- J. Huang, A. Mandelbaum, H. Zhang, and J. Zhang (2017), “Refined Models for Efficiency-Driven Queues with Applications to Delay Announcements and Staffing,” Operations Research, 65(5), 1380-1397.
- J. Huang, H. Zhang, and J. Zhang (2016), “A Unified Approach to Diffusion Analysis of Queues with General Patience-Time Distributions,” Mathematics of Operations Research, 41(3), 1135-1160.
- J. Huang, B. Carmeli, and A. Mandelbaum (2015), “Control of Patient Flow in Emergency Departments, or Multiclass Queues with Deadlines and Feedback,” Operations Research, 63(4), 892-908.
- I. Gurvich, J. Huang, and A. Mandelbaum (2014), “Excursion-Based Universal Approximations for the Erlang-A Queue in Steady-State,” Mathematics of Operations Research, 39(2), 325-373.
- J. Huang and H. Zhang (2013), “Diffusion Approximation for Open Jackson Network with Reneging,” Queueing Systems, 74(4), 445-476.
- “Scheduling flexible servers with convex queueing costs and feedback” awarded by Hong Kong Research Grant Council, 2018-2019
- “Managing service systems with dependent service and patience times”, awarded by Hong Kong Research Grant Council, 2016-2018
- “Asymptotic regimes in service systems: An empirical framework and a theoretical problem”, awarded by Hong Kong Research Grant Council, 2015-2017
- “Admission Control of a Queueing System”, awarded by CUHK Business School, 2018
- “Balance routing in many-server queueing systems”, awarded by CUHK Business School, 2016-2017
- “Join the shortest queue with many servers and customer abandonment”, awarded by CUHK Business School, 2015-2016
- “Departure process in heavily-loaded service systems with general service times”, awarded by CUHK Business School, 2013-2014
- Awards & Honours
- The Uriel G. Rothblum Prize for Excellent Work in OR for 2014, Operations Research Society of Israel, 2014
- 2014 Management Science Meritorious Service Award