Lai, Vincent Siu-king
BSSc (CUHK); MBA (Ohio); MSc (Arizona); PhD (Texas at Arlington)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 908, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7811
Prof. Vincent S. Lai is a Professor of MIS at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). He was also a former Associate Dean of the Graduate Programmes and Founding Director of the MSc Programme in Electronic Commerce at CUHK Business School. Prior to joining CUHK in 1996, he taught at the Miami University and the University of Alabama-Huntsville respectively. His current research focuses on innovation assimilation, online auctions, technology imitation, virtual collaboration, and global IS strategy. His findings in these research areas have been published extensively in IS journals, including Journal of MIS, Information and Management, Communications of the ACM, Decision Support Systems, Decision Sciences, European Journal of Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, among others.
Information Systems Management
Global IS Strategy
- Publications & Working Papers
- Vincent Siu-king Lai, F. Lai, and P.B Lowry (2016), “Technology Evaluation and Imitation: Do They Have Differential or Dichotomous Effects on ERP Adoption and Assimilation in China?” Journal of Management Information Systems, 33(4), 1209-1251.
- X. Cui, Vincent Siu-king Lai, and P.B Lowry (2016), “How Do Bidders’ Organistic Reactions Mediate Auction Stimuli and Bidders’ E-loyalty in Online Auctions? The Case of Taobao in China,” Information & Management, 53(5), 609-624.
- D. Bajwa, L. F. Lewis, G. Pervan, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2014), “E-collaboration Impacts in Australia and Hong Kong,” Australasia Journal of Information Systems, 18(2), 45-58.
- H. Hu and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2013), “Cognitive-Based Evaluation of Consumption Fads: An Analytical Approach,” Decision Support Systems, 56, 83-91.
- X. Cui and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2013), “Bidding Strategies in Online Single-unit Auctions: Their Impact and Satisfaction,” Information & Management, 50(6), 314-321.
- F. Lai, X. Li, and Vincent Siu-king Lai, “Transaction-Specific Investments, Relational Norms, and ERP Customer Satisfaction: A Mediation Analysis,” Decision Sciences, 44(4), 679-711.
- Timon Chih-ting Du, Vincent Siu-king Lai, Waiman Cheung, and Xiling Cui (2012), “Willingness to share information in a supply chain: A partnership-data-process perspective,” Information & Management, 49, 89-98.
- F. Wong and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2011), “A Survey of the Application of Fuzzy Logic in Production and Operations Management: 1998-2009,” International Journal of Production Economics, 129(1), 157-168.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai, Connie Kar-wai Liu, F. Lai, and J. Wang (2010), “What Influences ERP Beliefs – Logical Evaluation or Imitation?” Decision Support Systems, 50(1), 203-212.
- D. Bajwa, F L Lewis, G. Pervan, Vincent Siu-king Lai, B. Munkvold, and G. Schwabe (2008), “Factors in the Global Assimilation of Collaborative Information Technologies: An Exploratory Investigation in Five Regions,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 25(1), 131-165.
- Xiling Cui, Vincent Siu-king Lai, and Connie Kar-wai Liu (2008), “Research on consumer behaviour in online auctions: Insights from a critical literature review,” Electronic Market, 18(4), 345-361.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai (2008), “The Information System Strategies of MNC Affiliates: A Technology-Organisation-Environment Analysis,” Journal of Global Information Management, 16(3), 74-96.
- L. F. Lewis, D. Bajwa, G. Pervan, Vincent Siu-king Lai, B. Munkvold (2007), “A Cross-regional Exploration of Barriers to the Adoption and Use of Electronic Meeting Systems,” Group Decision and Negotiation, 16(4), 381-399.
- Ling-yu Chou, Timon Chih-ting Du, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2007), “Continuous auditing with a multi-agent system,” Decision Support Systems, 42, 2274-2292.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai and B. Wong (2005), “Business Types, e-Strategies, and Performance,” Communications of the ACM, 48(5), 80-85.
- R. Mahapatra and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2005), “Evaluating End-user Training Programs,”Communications of the ACM, 48(1), 67-70.
- Man-kit Chang, Waiman Cheung, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2005), “Literature Derived Reference Models for the Adoption of Online Shopping,” Information & Management, 42(4), 543-559.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai and Hong-lei Li (2005), “Technology Acceptance Model for Internet Banking: An Invariance Analysis,” Information & Management, 42(2), 373-386.
- D. S. Bajwa, L. F. Lewis, G. Pervan, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2005), “The Adoption and Use of Collaboration Information Technologies: International Comparisons,” Journal of Information Technology, 20(2), 130-140.
- P. Chau and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2004), “An Empirical Investigation of the Determinants of User Acceptance of Internet Banking,” Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 13(2), 123-145.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai and R. Mahapatra (2004), “Correlating business process re-engineering with the information systems department,” International Journal of Production Research, 42(12), 2357-2382.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai and B. K. Wong (2003), “The Moderating Effect of Local Environment on a Foreign Affiliate’s Global IS Strategy-Effectiveness Relationship,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 50(3), 352-361.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai, B. K. Wong, and Waiman Cheung (2002), “Group decision making in a multiple criteria environment: a case of AHP in software selection,” European Journal of Information Systems, 137, 134-144.
- Vincent Siu-king Lai and Wingyan Chung (2002), “Managing International Data Communications,” Communications of The ACM, 45(3), 89-93.
- Waiman Cheung, M. K. Chang, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2000), “Prediction of Internet and World Wide Web Usage at Work: A Test of an Extended Triandis Model,” Decision Support Systems, 30, 83-100.
- “The Effect of Imitation Behaviour on Technology Adoption: A Case of ERP System (探討模仿效應於企業資源規劃系統之研究)”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2006-2008
- “Information Asymmetry and Bidding Performance: The Case of Online Peer-to-Peer Lending”, General Research Fund with HK$648,916, 2016-2017
- “Extending the Expectation-Confirmation Model to Evaluate the Post-adoption Behaviour of Continuance and Discontinuance: The Effect of Switching Costs”, General Research Fund with HK$173,592, 2014-2015