BA (Tunghai); MBA (Oklahoma City); PhD (Pennsylvania State)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 901, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7813
Obtaining his bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Tunghai University of Taiwan and doctoral degree from the Pennsylvania State University in the area of management science, Prof. Ching-chyi Lee joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in 1993 and is now an Adjunct Professor in Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economic, CUHK Business School. His main research interests include using decision analytical, game theoretical, and experimental approaches to study bargaining and a variety of other economic problems. Recently, he has also extended his research interests to the areas of supply chain management, quality control, and knowledge management. His research outputs appeared in leading international academic journals such as Operations Research, Games and Economic Behaviour, Group Decision and Negotiations, European Journal of Operations Research, and others.
- Publications & Working Papers
- Kalyan Chatterjee and Ching-chyi Lee (2013), “Bargaining and Search with Incomplete Information about Outside Options,” Bargaining in the Shadow of the Market, 15-49.
- Tarun Kabiraj and Ching-chyi Lee (2011), “Licensing Contracts in Hotelling Structure,” Theoretical Economics Letters, 1(3), 57-62.
- Kabiraj Tarun and Ching-chyi Lee (2011), “Technology Transfer in a Duopoly with Horizontal and Vertical Product Differentiation,” Trade and Development Review, 4(1), 19-40.
- Jun-you Lin and Ching-chyi Lee (2010), “Industrial structure and innovation: comparison of innovative performance between South Korea and Taiwan using patent data derived from NBER,” International Journal of Technology Management, 49, 174-195.
- Ching-chyi Lee and Michael J. Ferguson (2010), “To reveal or not to reveal? Strategic disclosure of private information in negotiation,” European Journal of Operational Research, 207(1), 380-390.
- Ching-chyi Lee, Andrew C van Hasselt, Phoebe Lo, Michael C F Tong, John K S Woo, Henry C K Lam, Dennis Revicki, and Sing Kai Lo (2006), “Rhinitis Symptom Utility Index (RSUI) in Chinese Subjects: A Multiattribute Patient-Preference Approach,” Quality of Life Research, 15, 877-887.
- Julius Chu and Ching-chyi Lee (2006), “Strategic Information Sharing in a Supply Chain,” European Journal of Operational Research, 174, 1567-1579.
- Tarun Kabiraj, Ching-chyi Lee, and Sugata Marjit (2005), “Cultural Compatibility and Joint Venture Instability – A Theoretical Analysis,” Indian Economic Review, 40(2), 209-220.
- Ching-chyi Lee, Eythan Weg, and Rami Zwick (2005), “Failure of Bayesian Updating in Repeated Bilateral Bargaining,” Experimental Business Research, 2, 249-260.
- Kabiraj Tarun and Ching-chyi Lee (2005), “Psychology and the Choice of an Optimal Travel Path,” Journal of Economic Research, 10, 129-143.
- Ching-chyi Lee and Julius Chu (2005), “Who Should Control Inventory in a Supply Chain?” European Journal of Operational Research, 164, 158-172.
- Ching-chyi Lee and Tarun Kabiraj (2004), “Synergy, Learning, and the Changing Industrial Structure,” International Economic Journal, 18(3), 365-386.
- Ching-chyi Lee, and Tarun Kabiraj (2003), “Technological Asymmetry, Externality and Merger: The Case of a Three-Firm Industry,” Seoul Journal of Economics, 16(1), 1-22.
- Jie Yang, Liming Yu, and Ching-chyi Lee (2002), “The Hidden Value of Knowledge in New Products,” Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 19, 573-586.
- Ching-chyi Lee, Tien-sheng Lee, and Catherine Cheung (2001), “Quality/Productivity Practices and Company Performance in China,” International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 18(6), 604-624.
- Ching-chyi Lee and Jie Yang (2001), “The knowledge value of customers and employees in product quality,” Journal of Management Development, 20(8), 691-704.
- Ching-chyi Lee and Jie Yang (2000), “Knowledge Value Chain,” Journal of Management Development, 19(9), 783-793.