Leung, Justin Hilyin（梁曉彥）
PhD (Chicago Booth), MBA (Chicago Booth)
Department of Decisions, Operations and TechnologyRoom 907, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Prof. Justin H. Leung is an applied micro-economist. He currently works as an assistant professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He obtained a PhD degree in Economics at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Publications & Working Papers
- Leung, Justin H. (2021), “Minimum Wage and Real Wage Inequality: Evidence from Pass-Through to Retail Prices,” The Review of Economics and Statistics, 103(4), 754–769.
- Leung, Justin H. and Hee Kwon Seo (2023), “How Do Government Transfer Payments Affect Retail Prices and Welfare? Evidence from SNAP,” Journal of Public Economics, 217, 104760.
- Leung, Justin H. and Zhonglin Li (2023), “Rising Retail Concentration: Superstar Firms and Household Demand,” working Paper.
- Leung, Justin H. and Zhonglin Li (2023), “Big-Box Store Expansion and Consumer Welfare,” working Paper.
- Superstar Firms and Rising Retail Concentration, Academic Research Fund Tier 1 awarded by Ministry of Education Singapore with S$170,525, 2020-2023
- NUS Start-Up Grant awarded by National University of Singapore with S$90,000, 2019-2023
- Academic/Professional Services
- Referee for American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, International Economic Review, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Regional Science, Regional Science and Urban Economics, Review of Economics and Statistics