BS, MS (Renmin); PhD (UConn)
Department of Decisions, Operations and TechnologyRoom 913, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9679
Prof. Hongfei Li is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decisions, Operations and Technology (DOT) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. Before joining CUHK, he received his PhD from the School of Business at the University of Connecticut and his BS and MS from Renmin University of China in Beijing. His current research focuses on three main streams: (i) business analytics in emerging online platforms; (ii) applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning; and (iii) statistical methodology.
Prof. Li is interested in teaching technical courses related to mathematics, statistics, econometrics, and computer language in business application, such as business analytics, web analytics, data science, machine learning, business statistics, econometrics, and database systems.
Management Information Systems
Business Analytics in Emerging Online Platforms
Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Publications & Working Papers
- Hongfei Li, R. Shankar, and J. Stallaert (2020), “Invested or Indebted: Ex-ante and Ex-post Reciprocity in Online Knowledge Sharing Communities,” ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS), 11(1), 1-26.
- Hongfei Li, Jing Peng, Gang Wang, Xue Bai, “Online Diaries and Professional Service.”
- Hongfei Li, Jing Peng, Xinxin Li, Jan Stallaert, “When More is Less: The Effect of Add-on Insurance on the Consumption of Professional Services.”
- Xian Cao, Timothy Folta, Hongfei Li, Ruoqing Zhu (equal contribution), “Analyzing the Online Word of Mouth Dynamics: A Novel Approach.”
- Awards & Honours
- 2019-2020 Department Outstanding Scholar Awardees, School of Business, University of Connecticut, 2020
- ICIS 2019 Doctoral Consortium Member, 2019
- PhD Program-wide Outstanding PhD Scholar Award, School of Business, University of Connecticut, 2018 & 2019
- Academic/Professional Services
- Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST) 2019-2020
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2018-2020
- Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2018