Li, Tim Tianyi（李天意）
BS (PKU); MA (Princeton); MS, PhD (MIT)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 944, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7818
Prof. Tianyi (Tim) Li is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Peking University, a master’s degree from Princeton University, and a PhD degree from MIT Sloan School of Management. His current research analyses the dynamics of social systems and human networks, trying to contribute modelling and algorithmic efforts to management, industrial and policy studies from a data-driven, network-oriented perspective.
Business Information Systems
Networks and Security
- Publications & Working Papers
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- T. Li and P. Zhang (2020), “Self-falsifiable hierarchical detection of overlapping communities on social networks,” New Journal of Physics, 22(3), 033014.
- T. Li (2020), “Simulating the spread of epidemics in China on multi-layer transportation networks: Beyond COVID-19 in Wuhan,” EPL (Europhysics Letters), 130(4), 48002.
- T. Li and M. Dahleh (2020), “Automation of Data Acquisition Strategies in Model Calibration for System Models: Sensor Placement.”
- Awards & Honours
- Fellowship, MIT Sloan School of Management, 2017-2021
- Fellowship, Princeton University, 2015-2017