Li, Tim Tianyi（李天意）
BS (PKU); MA (Princeton); MS, PhD (MIT)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 944, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7818
Prof. Tianyi (Tim) Li joined the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School in 2021 as an Assistant Professor, after completing PhD studies at the System Dynamics Group in MIT Sloan. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Peking University and a master’s degree from Princeton University. He received the Dana Meadows Award (2021) from the International System Dynamics Society. His research tries to contribute modelling and algorithmic efforts to management, industrial and policy studies from a data-driven, network-oriented, and dynamic-control perspective. He currently works on modeling platform dynamics, and network sciences & machine-learning applications in business practice.
Business Information Systems
Networks and Security
- Publications & Working Papers
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- T. Li and P. Zhang (2020), “Self-falsifiable hierarchical detection of overlapping communities on social networks,” New Journal of Physics, 22(3), 033014.
- T. Li (2020), “Simulating the spread of epidemics in China on multi-layer transportation networks: Beyond COVID-19 in Wuhan,” EPL (Europhysics Letters), 130(4), 48002.
- T. Li and M. Dahleh (2020), “Automation of Data Acquisition Strategies in Model Calibration for System Models: Sensor Placement.”
- Awards & Honours
- Dana Meadows Award, International System Dynamics Society, 2021
- Fellowship, MIT Sloan School of Management, 2017-2021
- Fellowship, Princeton University, 2015-2017