Lin, Lisa Ya（林婭）
Department of ManagementRoom 840, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8553
Dr. Ya (Lisa) Lin is an Assistant Professor in Strategy and International Business at Department of Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her PhD from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2015. Her research passion resides in corporate strategies, innovation, international business and entrepreneurship. Specifically, she explores the micro-foundations of CEOs’ decision making and also the impacts of social networks on firm outcomes such as innovation, entrepreneurship, market entry and marketing behaviours. Over the past years, she has published several papers in top-tier management journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Production and Operations Management, and Journal of Management.
- Publications & Working Papers
- L.L. Wang, Y. Lin, J. Wan, H. Yang and Huazhong. Zhao (2022), “Does CEO emotion matter? CEO affectivity and corporate social responsibility,” Strategic Management Journal, forthcoming.
- H. Gao, H. Zhao, Y. Tan, Y. Lin, and L. Wei (2020), “Social promotion: A creative promotional framework on consumers’ social network value,” Production and Operations Management, in press.
- J. Wong, W. Shi, Y. Lin, and X. Yang (2020), “Relational ties, innovation and performance: A tale of two pathways,” Industrial Marketing Management, 89, 28-39.
- W.G. Zhong, Y. Lin, D. Gao, and H. Yang (2019), “Does politician turnover affect foreign subsidiary performance? Evidence in China,” Journal of International Business Studies, 50, 1184-1212.
- Y. Lin, W. Shi, J. Prescott, and H. Yang (2019), “In the eye of the beholder: Firm long-term time orientation, industry context and decision making processes,” Journal of Management, 45, 3114-3145.
- J. Xia, Y. Wang, Y. Lin, H. Yang and S. Li (2018), “Formation of inter-industry alliances: Market dependence, knowledge dependence, and network advantages,” Journal of Management, 44, 1899-1925.
- Y. Gao, Y. Lin, and H. Yang (2017), “What’s the value in it? Corporate giving under uncertainty,” Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 34, 215-240.
- H. Yang, Z. Lin, and Y. Lin (2010), “A multi-level framework of firm boundaries: Firm characteristics, dyadic differences, and network attributes,” Strategic Management Journal, 31, 237-261.
- “Is this a losing game? Asymmetric learning capabilities and learning outcomes in alliances”, Research Grant awarded by Hong Kong Research Grant Council, 2019-2022 (Principal Investigator)