Ng, Frank Wing-fung（吳頴鋒）
BBA, PhD (CUHK)
Department of ManagementRoom 832A, 8/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7798
Dr. Frank Ng received his PhD in Management and BBA in Management from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. His research interests are strategic management, international business, corporate governance and entrepreneurship, and he is particularly interested in how institutional environments shape firm strategy, innovation and entrepreneurial activity.
He is the recipient of Faculty Teaching Excellence Award 2019/2020, CUHK Business School; and multiple Teaching Excellence Award (2016, 2017, 2018), School of Business, Hang Seng Management College. As an entrepreneurial educator, he has developed various synchronous and asynchronous learning materials, and actively adopted flipped classroom approach and experiential learning in his teaching. He also received teaching grant for investigating new teaching methods and practices.
Dr. Ng also serves as Associate Director at Centre for Entrepreneurship. He has led and participated in multiple entrepreneurship competitions, training and incubation programmes.
Global Experiential Learning
Business Policy and Strategy
Corporate and International Strategy
Environment and Strategy
- Publications & Working Papers
- Frank W. Ng (2016), “The Multiple Facets of Crisis and its Impact on IPO Underpricing.” In AIBSEAR Series: Asian Businesses in a Turbulent Environment, edited by G. Cui, & T. S. Chan, UK: Palgrave, pp.3-20.
- Daphne W. Yiu, William P. Wan, Frank W. Ng, Xing Chen, and Jun Su (2014), “Sentimental Drivers of Social Entrepreneurship: A Study of China’s Guangcai (Glorious) Program,” Management and Organization Review, 10(1), 55-80.
- Daphne W. Yiu, Frank W. Ng, and Xufei Ma (2013), “Business Group Attributes and Internationalization Strategy in China,” Asian Business & Management, 12(1), 14-36.
- Awards & Honours
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2019-2020
- Faculty Teaching Merit Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2019-2020
- Teaching Excellence Award, School of Business, Hang Seng Management College, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18
- Best Paper Award, Organisation Theory Track, the 9th Asia Academy of Management Conference, 2014
- Academy of Management – Business Policy & Strategy Division Doctoral Consortium, 2014