B.Engr (Tsinghua); MBA, PhD (Chicago Booth)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 915, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 5299
Prof. Jing Wu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He graduated from Tsinghua University with a bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, and received his MBA and PhD from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. His main research fields are the operations-finance interface, global supply chains, FinTech, and business intelligence. His papers are published in leading journals such as Management Science and M&SOM. His articles appear in magazines such as MIT Sloan Management Review, The Economist, and Forbes. Prior to academia, he worked as a Quantitative Strategist at Deutsche Bank New York.
Global Supply Chains
- Publications & Working Papers
- Nikolay Osadchiy, William Schmidt and Jing Wu (2020), “The Bullwhip Effect in Supply Networks,” Management Science, forthcoming
- Christopher S. Tang, S. Alex Yang, and Jing Wu (2018), “Sourcing from Suppliers with Financial Constraints and Performance Risk,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 20(1), 70-84.
- William Schmidt, Nikolay Osadchiy, and Jing Wu (2021), “The Right Way to Mix and Match Your Customers,” MIT Sloan Management Review, Summer Issue, 2021
- Senay Agca, Vlad Babich, John R. Birge, and Jing Wu, “Credit Risk Propagation along Supply Chains: Evidence from the CDS Market,” Management Science, major revision.
- Vernon Hsu and Jing Wu, “Inventory as a Financial Instrument: Evidence from China’s Metal Industries,” Management Science, major revision.
- Jie Ping, Jing Wu and Yu Zhang, “Global Supply Chains and Cross-Border Financing,” Management Science, R&R.
- Haoyuan Ding, Yichuan Hu, Jing Wu, and Yu Zhang, “Socially Connected Supply Chains,” Management Science, R&R.
- Ben Charoenwong, Miaozhe Han, and Jing Wu, “Not Coming Home: Trade and Economic Policy Uncertainty in American Supply Chain Networks,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, major revision.
- Jing Wu, Hsiao-Hui Lee, and John R. Birge, “Trade Credit Late Payment and Industry Structure,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, major revision.
- Senay Agca, John R. Birge, Zi’ang Wang, and Jing Wu, “The Impact of COVID-19 on Supply Chain Credit Risk”, Journal of Operations Management, major revision.
- “Labor Skills on Firm Performance: A Study from Unstructured Online Job Postings”, HK$406,000, Principal Investigator, 2020-2021
- “Supply-Chain Coordination of Human Capital Investment”, HK$502,490, Co-Investigator, 2020-2021
- Start-up Fund awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2019-2022
- Start-up Fund awarded by City University of Hong Kong, 2016-2019
- Sidney Davidson Doctoral Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2015-2016
- John and Serena Liew Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2014-2015
- Fama-Miller Center Grant for Research in Finance awarded by Chicago Booth, 2014-2015
- Chicago Booth Doctoral Fellowship awarded by Chicago Booth, 2011-2015
- Awards & Honours
- The Farsight Award, Long Finance, 2015-2016
- Academic/Professional Services
- Reviewer for Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Journal of Operations Management, and Information Systems Research