BS (Zhejiang University); PhD (HKU)
Department of FinanceRoom 1217, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9287
Prof. Wensi Xie joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School in 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Finance. Her research interests include corporate finance, banking and financial institutions, and financial accounting. She received her PhD in Finance from Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong. During 2013-2014, she visited the Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania as a Fulbright scholar. Her work is published or forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Economic Journal, and Journal of Law and Economics.
Economics for Finance Practice
Banking and Financial Technology
Law and Finance
- Publications & Working Papers
- R. Levine, C. Lin, Q. Peng, and W. Xie, “Communication within Banking Organizations and Small Business Lending,” Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie, “Geographic Diversification and Banks’ Funding Costs,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- C. Lin, L. Wei, W. Xie, “Managerial Entrenchment and Information Production,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie, “The African Slave Trade and Modern Household Finance,” Economic Journal, 130(630), 1817-1841.
- J. Houston, C. Lin, and W. Xie, “Shareholder Protection and the Cost of Capital,” Journal of Law & Economics, 61(4), 677-710.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2018), “Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53(4), 1441-1477. (Lead Article)
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2016), “Spare Tire? Stock Markets, Banking Crises and Economic Recoveries,” Journal of Financial Economics, 120(1), 81-101.