BS (Zhejiang University); PhD (HKU)
Coordinator, MPhil-PhD in Finance Programme
Department of FinanceRoom 1217, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9287
Prof. Wensi Xie is an Associate Professor in the Department of Finance at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. She received a PhD in Finance from the University of Hong Kong in 2015 and joined CUHK in the same year. During 2013-2014, she visited the Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania as a Fulbright scholar. Her research interests include corporate finance, banking and financial institutions, and financial stability. Her work is published or forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Economic Journal, and Journal of Law and Economics.
Economics for Finance Practice
Banking and Financial Technology
Law and Finance
- Publications & Working Papers
- W. Ding, R. Levine, C. Lin, W. Xie, “Corporate Immunity to the COVID-19 Pandemic,” Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, Q. Peng, and W. Xie (2020), “Communication within Banking Organizations and Small Business Lending,” Review of Financial Studies, 33(12), 5750–5783.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2020), “Geographic Diversification and Banks’ Funding Costs,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- C. Lin, L. Wei, and W. Xie (2020), “Managerial Entrenchment and Information Production,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 55(8), 2500-2529.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2020), “The African Slave Trade and Modern Household Finance,” Economic Journal, 130(630), 1817-1841.
- J. Houston, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2018), “Shareholder Protection and the Cost of Capital,” Journal of Law & Economics, 61(4), 677-710.
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2018), “Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53(4), 1441-1477. (Lead Article)
- R. Levine, C. Lin, and W. Xie (2016), “Spare Tire? Stock Markets, Banking Crises and Economic Recoveries,” Journal of Financial Economics, 120(1), 81-101.