BS (Zhejiang University); PhD (HKU)
Department of FinanceRoom 1217, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9287
Prof. Wensi Xie joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School in 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Finance. Her research interests include corporate finance, banking and financial institutions, and financial accounting. She received her PhD in Finance from Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong. During 2013-2014, she visited the Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania as a Fulbright scholar. Her work is published or forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Economic Journal, and Journal of Law and Economics.
Economics for Finance Practice
Banking and Financial Institutions
- Publications & Working Papers
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, Qilin Peng, and Wensi Xie, “Communication within Banking Organizations and Small Business Lending,” Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie, “Geographic Diversification and Banks’ Funding Costs,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie, “The African Slave Trade and Modern Household Finance,” The Economic Journal, conditionally accepted.
- Chen Lin, Lai Wei, and Wensi Xie, “Managerial Entrenchment and Information Production,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Joel Houston, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie, “Shareholder Protection and the Cost of Capital,” Journal of Law & Economics, forthcoming.
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie (2018), “Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53(4), 1441-1477. (Lead Article)
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie (2016), “Spare Tire? Stock Markets, Banking Crises and Economic Recoveries,” Journal of Financial Economics, 120(1), 81-101.