BS (Zhejiang University); PhD (HKU)
Department of FinanceRoom 1217, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9287
Prof. Wensi Xie joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School in 2015. She received her PhD in Finance from Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong. During 2013-2014, she visited the Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania as a Fulbright scholar. Her research interests include corporate finance, financial disclosure, and banking and financial institutions.
Economics for Finance Practice
Banking and Financial Institutions
- Publications & Working Papers
- Chen Lin, Lai Wei, and Wensi Xie, “Managerial Entrenchment and Information Production,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Joel Houston, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie, “Shareholder Protection and the Cost of Capital,” Journal of Law & Economics, forthcoming.
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie (2018), “Corporate Resilience to Banking Crises: The Roles of Trust and Trade Credit,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53(4), 1441-1477. (Lead Article)
- Ross Levine, Chen Lin, and Wensi Xie (2016), “Spare Tire? Stock Markets, Banking Crises and Economic Recoveries,” Journal of Financial Economics, 120(1), 81-101.