Yang, Yang (Zoe)
BComm, MSc (UBC); PhD (NUS)
School of Hotel and Tourism ManagementRoom 726, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 4033
Prof. Zoe Yang is currently an Assistant Professor of Real Estate at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her primary area of research is urban economics with applications to real estate, land market, and environment. She received her Ph.D. in real estate from the National University of Singapore in 2018. She obtained her M.Sc. in Urban Land Economics in 2014 and a B.Comm in Finance and Real Estate in 2012 from the University of British Columbia. Her papers have been presented in several leading international conferences, and published in academic journals such as Journal of Urban Economics, Regional Science and Urban Economics, and Energy Economics.
Hospitality Real Estate
Property Development and Investment
Advanced Real Estate Investments
Real Estate Finance
- Publications & Working Papers
- T. Somerville, L. Wang, and Y. Yang (2019), “Using purchase restrictions to cool housing markets: A within-market analysis,” Journal of Urban Economics, forthcoming.
- Y. Lin, Y. Qin, Y. Yang, and H. Zhu (2019), “Fiscal Competition and Land Misallocation in China: Evidence from Minimum Industrial Land Price,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, forthcoming.
- S. Agarwal, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2019), “The Impact of Transboundary Haze Pollution on Household Utilities Consumption,” Energy Economics, forthcoming.
- S. Agarwal, S. Rengarajan, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2017), “Nudges from school children and electricity conservation: Evidence from the ‘Project Carbon Zero’ campaign in Singapore,” Energy Economics, 61, 29-41.
- S. Agarwal, S. Rengarajan, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2016), “School allocation rules and housing prices: A quasi-experiment with school relocation events in Singapore,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, 58, 42-56.
- S. Agarwal, L. Wang, and Y. Yang,“Blessing in Disguise? Environmental Shocks and Performance Enhancement.”
- L. Wang and Y. Yang, “Political Connections and Credit Allocations: Evidence from China’s State-owned Enterprises in Urban Land Market.”
- Y. Yang, “Are Green Buildings Really Green? The Energy Efficiency of Green Buildings in Singapore.”
- Hanming Fang, Long Wang and Y. Yang, “Competition and Quality: New Evidence from the High-Speed Rails and Airlines.”
- Sumit Agarwal, Weida Kuang, Long Wang, and Y. Yang, “The Role of Agents in Fraudulent Activities: Evidence from the Housing Market in China.”
- “Blessing in Disguise? Environmental Shocks and Performance Enhancement”, Project Impact Enhancement Fund awarded by CUHK Business School, HKD200,000, 2019-2020
- Direct Grant for Research awarded by CUHK Business School, HKD50,000, 2018-2019
- Academic/Professional Services
- Management Science
- Real Estate Economics
- Regional Science and Urban Economics
- China Economics Review
- Journal of Housing Economics
- Bulletin of Economic Research