Yang, Yang (Zoe)（楊揚）
BComm, MSc (UBC); PhD (NUS)
School of Hotel and Tourism ManagementRoom 726, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 4033
Prof. Zoe Yang is currently an Assistant Professor of Real Estate at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her primary area of research is urban economics with applications to real estate, transportation, and environment. She received her PhD in real estate from the National University of Singapore in 2018. She obtained her MSc in Urban Land Economics in 2014 and a BComm in Finance and Real Estate in 2012 from the University of British Columbia. Her papers have been presented in several leading international conferences, and published in academic journals such as Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Real Estate Economics, Regional Science and Urban Economics, and Energy Economics.
Real Estate Development
Real Estate Investment
Real Estate Finance
- Publications & Working Papers
- H. Fang, L. Wang, and Y. Yang (2020). “Human mobility restrictions and the spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-ncov) in China,” Journal of Public Economics, forthcoming.
- L. Wang and Y. Yang (2020), “Political connections in the land market: Evidence from China’s state‐owned enterprises,” Real Estate Economics, forthcoming.
- T. Somerville, L. Wang, and Y. Yang (2020), “Using purchase restrictions to cool housing markets: A within-market analysis,” Journal of Urban Economics, 115,103189.
- Y. Lin, Y. Qin, Y. Yang, and H. Zhu (2020), “Can price regulation increase land-use intensity? Evidence from China’s industrial land market,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, 81, 103501.
- S. Agarwal, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2020), “The Impact of Transboundary Haze Pollution on Household Utilities Consumption,” Energy Economics, 85, 104591.
- S. Agarwal, S. Rengarajan, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2017), “Nudges from school children and electricity conservation: Evidence from the “Project Carbon Zero” campaign in Singapore,” Energy Economics, 61, 29-41.
- S. Agarwal, S. Rengarajan, T.F. Sing, and Y. Yang (2016), “School allocation rules and housing prices: A quasi-experiment with school relocation events in Singapore,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, 58, 42-56.
- Hanming Fang, Long Wang and Y. Yang, “Competition and Quality: New Evidence from the High-Speed Rails and Airlines,” NBER Working Paper No. 27475.
- Sumit Agarwal, Long Wang and Y. Yang, “Impacts of Transboundary Air Pollution on Firm Productivity: Evidence from Customer Reviews in Singapore.”
- Sumit Agarwal, Weida Kuang, Long Wang, and Y. Yang, “The Role of Agents in Fraudulent Activities: Evidence from the Housing Market in China.”
- Y. Yang, “Are Green Buildings Really Green? The Energy Efficiency of Green Buildings in Singapore.”
- “Wealth Shock and Online Consumption”, Early Career Scheme awarded by University Grants Committee, 2020-2022
- “Blessing in Disguise? Environmental Shocks and Performance Enhancement”, Project Impact Enhancement Fund awarded by CUHK Business School, 2019-2020
- Academic/Professional Services
- Management Science
- Journal of Urban Economics
- Journal of Environmental Economics and Management
- Real Estate Economics
- Regional Science and Urban Economics
- China Economics Review
- Journal of Housing Economics
- Bulletin of Economic Research
- Journal of Chinese Political Science