BE (University of International Business & Economics); MSc (University of Guelph); PhD (Toronto)
Assistant Dean (Teaching and Learning)
Department of MarketingRoom 1120, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7543
Prof. Meng Zhang is Professor of Marketing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her academic research focuses on consumer experience management, sensory marketing, information processing and everyday consumer decision making. She has published articles in journals including Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Consumer Psychology. She served as the Associate Editor of the Journal of Consumer Psychology from 2013 to 2017. She was the co-chair of Asia-Pacific Association for Consumer Research (2015). Prof. Zhang has taught many courses and won a number of teaching awards.
Marketing Management/Current Trends and Topics in Marketing
Consumer Behaviour/Consumer Insights
Design of Service
- Publications & Working Papers
- Xun (Irene) Huang, Ping Dong and Meng Zhang, “Crush on You: Romantic Crushes Increase Consumers’ Preferences for Strong Sensory Stimuli,” Journal of Consumer Research (accepted for publication).
- Hao Shen, Meng Zhang, and Aradhna Krishna (2016), “Computer Interfaces and the “Direct-Touch” Effect: Can iPads Increase the Choice of Hedonic Food?,” Journal of Marketing Research, 53 (10), 745-758 (equal authorship).
- Meng Zhang and Pankaj Aggarwal (2015), “Looking Ahead or Looking Back: Current Evaluations and the Effect of Psychological Connectedness to a Temporal Self,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 25(3), 512-518 (equal authorship).
- Xiuping Li and Meng Zhang (2014), “The Effects of Heightened Physiological Needs on Perception of Psychological Connectedness,” Journal of Consumer Research, 41, 1078-1088.
- Xun (Irene) Huang, Meng Zhang, Michael King-man Hui, and Robert S. Wyer Jr. (2014), “Warmth and Conformity: The Effect of Ambient Temperature on Product Preferences and Financial Decisions,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 24, 241-250.
- Xun (Irene) Huang, Xiuping Li, and Meng Zhang (2013), “Seeing the Social Roles of Brands: How Physical Positioning Influences Brand Evaluation,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 23, 509-514.
- Meng Zhang and Xiuping Li (2012), “From Physical Weight to Psychological Significance: The Contribution of Semantic Activations,” Journal of Consumer Research, 38, 1063-1075 (equal authorship).
- Meng Zhang and Jing Wang (2009), “Psychological Distance Asymmetry: The Spatial Dimension vs. Other Dimensions,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19, 497-507 (equal authorship).
- Kyeongheui Kim, Meng Zhang, and Xiuping Li (2008), “Effects of Temporal and Social Distance on Consumer Evaluations,” Journal of Consumer Research, 35, 706-713 (equal authorship).
- Pankaj Aggarwal and Meng Zhang (2006), “The Moderating Effect of Relationship Norm Salience on Consumers’ Loss Aversion,” Journal of Consumer Research, 33, 413-419.
- “Psychological Connectedness and Emotional Reactions”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2013-2016
- “Effects of Physical Experience on Out-of-Domain Consumer Judgment”, General Research Fund awarded by Research Grants Council, 2010-2013
- “When Bigger is Not Better: Social Comparison and Consumer Evaluation (更多並不等於更好：社會比較理論對消費者評價的探討)”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2007-2009
- Awards & Honours
- Faculty Teaching Merit Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2015-2016
- Faculty Teaching Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2006-2014
- High-Impact Scholarship, 2012-2013
- Faculty Outstanding Teacher Award 2007-2008, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2008