To support quality learning off campus during the epidemic situation, nine CUHK distinguished scholars from different faculties will deliver a series of online talks, namely “Class Acts” between March and April 2020 exploring topics from their own professions via Zoom. The topics cover artificial intelligence (AI), gravitational waves, the application of robots in education for Special Educational Needs students, and the law of treasure hunting, amongst others.
The series will start off by having Prof. Alan Chan, Provost of CUHK, sharing on the theme of “Higher Learning in the Era of Industry 4.0” on 20 March 2020 (Friday). Prof. Tingting Fan, Assistant Professor of Department of Marketing from CUHK Business School will deliver her lecture titled “Love at First Swipe: Innovations for Online Dating“ on 27 March 2020 (Friday) at 4pm.
All CUHK staff, students and alumni are welcome to join the talks. For registration and more information about the talks, please visit here. For any inquiries, please contact Communications and Public Relations Office at email@example.com.
Programme Agenda of the ‘Class Acts’ Online Talks Series
- 20 March 2020 (Fri) 4pm – Higher Learning in the Era of Industry 4.0
Prof. Alan CHAN
Provost of CUHK
- 25 March 2020 (Wed) 4pm – A Traveler's Guide to 3-pound Universe
Prof. Irwin KING
Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Science
- 27 March 2020 (Fri) 4pm – Love at First Swipe: Innovations for Online Dating
Prof. Tingting FAN
Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing, CUHK Business School
- 31 March 2020 (Tue) 4pm – What Do Gravitational Waves Tell Us?
Dr. Shiu Sing TONG
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science
- 1 April 2020 (Wed) 12:30pm – Chinese Shipwrecks and the Law of Treasure Hunting
Prof. Steven GALLAGHER
Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning), Faculty of Law
- 7 April 2020 (Tue) 3pm – City Development and Urban History
Prof. Ian MORLEY
Associate Professor, Department of History, Faculty of Arts
- 9 April 2020 (Thu) 3pm – Robots as Mentors for Children with Autism
Prof. Catherine SO
Associate Professor, Department of Educational Psychology, Faculty of Education
- 15 April 2020 (Wed) 3pm – Using Mobile Sensing to Accurately Assess Individual Exposure to Air Pollution
Professor Mei Po KWAN
Choh-Ming Li Professor of Geography and Resource Management, Faculty of Social Science
- 17 April 2020 (Fri) 3pm – What I Have Learnt as a Surgeon
Prof. Jeremy Yuen Chun TEOH
Assistant Professor, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine