BA, MSc (Peking U); PhD (Stern School of Business, New York University)
Department of MarketingRoom 1113, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7762
Prof. Tingting Fan is an Assistant Professor in Department of Marketing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. She got her PhD from Stern School of Business, New York University in 2014. She got MS in Economics and BA in Business Administration at Peking University. Her research interest includes quantitative marketing, consumer experience with high-technology products and services, digital marketing (mobile phone, video games, and online social network), branding, and empirical IO (industrial organisation). Her research has won research grants from Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative (WCAI), Marketing Science Institute (MSI), and Product Development Management Association (PDMA).
New Product Management
New Product Development
Empirical Industrial Organisation
- Publications & Working Papers
- Tingting Fan, Peter N. Golder, and Kevin Lane Keller (Working Paper), “Brand Preference Evolution Among a Developing Country’s Urban Migrant Consumers: A Framework of Intra-Country Economic, Cultural, and Social Distances”.
- Tingting Fan, Peter N. Golder, and Eitan Muller (Working Paper), “Multi-media and Multi-form Communication: A Framework and Application with Smartphones and Online Social Networks”.
- Junji Xiao, Steven Lu, and Tingting Fan (2017), “Examining the Impact of Item-Based Reward Promotions on Consumer Purchase Behaviour across Multiple Product Categories and over Time: An Empirical Analysis,” R&R at International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Fan, Tingting, Leilei Gao, and Yael Steinhart (2017), “When Small Predicts Large: The Effect of Initial Small Contributions on Subsequent Contribution to a Crowdfunding Project,” R&R at Journal of Consumer Research.
- Tingting Fan, Peter N. Golder, and Donald R. Lehmann (2017), “Innovation and New Product Research: A State-of-the-Art Review and Future Research Directions.” In Handbook of Marketing Decision Models: Springer.
- Tingting Fan, Peter N. Golder, and Eitan Muller (2015), “Dynamics of Multi-Feature Product Usage: Carryover, Spillover, and Social Effects”.
- “The Dynamics of Social Influence on a Crowdfunding Platform”, awarded by Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), 2016-2018
- “The Dynamics of Mobile App Usage”, awarded by Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative Research Grant, University of Pennsylvania, 2011-2014
- “The Dynamics of New Product Feature Usage Adoption”, awarded by Marketing Science Institute Research Grant, 2011-2014
- “The Dynamics of New Product Feature Usage Adoption”, Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) Research Grant, 2011-2014
- Awards & Honours
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2016-17
- Faculty Teaching Merit Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2015-16
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Washington, 2012
- Marcus Nadler Doctoral Fellowship, New York University, 2012
- Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative Research Data, University of Pennsylvania, 2011
- 1st Runner-Up of Dissertation Competition at PDMA-UIC Doctoral Consortium, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2011
- PDMA-UIC Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2011
- Teaching Excellence, Stern School of Business, New York University, 2011
- INFORMS Marketing Science Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011-2013