The course on Global Business Services represents a strategic partnership between IBM Global Business Services and the CUHK Business School. The course aims to provide students an exclusive platform to understand the consulting profession.
Students interested in the course are highly recommended to join the information session on 11 October to find out more details:
The course represents a strategic partnership between IBM Global Business Services and CUHK Business School. The course aims at providing students an exclusive platform to understand the consulting profession with an emphasis on how their learning from different disciplines tie to the latest consulting capabilities that solve real business challenges. IBM Global Business Services executives and senior practitioners from various specialisations will be invited to conduct lectures on a weekly basis to share their experiences and insights on various practical consulting topics such as an overview of the consulting industries, core consultancy skills, and various types of consulting solutions and their values to companies.
Internship positions/ fast track interviews for graduate programme at IBM Global Business Services may be offered to the top performing students of the course.
About IBM Global Business Services
IBM Global Business Services is a critical component of IBM’s strategy of providing business insight and solutions to clients. Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice and proven roadmaps and frameworks to provide clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, IBM Global Business Services has a proven track record in delivering business value and innovation to clients, while helping them navigate change and capitalise on increasing complexity.
IBM business consultants help organisations fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value and drive greater efficiencies through Digital Reinvention™. We help our clients apply advanced technologies to modernise their operations and drive growth. Our consultants help clients take advantage of outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise of IBM.
With a strong local team of consultants backed by a network of professional teams in over 170 countries, IBM Global Business Services delivers a full suite of consulting services to Hong Kong clients of all sizes, in virtually every industry. Its cross-industry capabilities are brought together in three integrated service lines:
- iX: Digital Strategy and Interactive
- Cognitive Process Transformation
- Cloud Application Innovation
Course Code: MKTG4140
Course Name: Global Business Services
Units: 3 credits
Course Schedule: Every Wednesday, 2017-18 Term 2
- Group discussions
- Case study
- Group presentations
The course provides a comprehensive overview of the banking industry today. Modules include:
- Business Consulting Industry and Career
- Fundamental Management Consulting Skills
- Industry and Technology Trends from a Consultant’s Perspective
- Strategy Consulting – Where Do We Go from Here?
- Business Process Consulting – Reengineering and Beyond
- Organisational Change Management – Soft, Pink and Fluffy
- Customer Centricity – New Generation of Customer
- Business Analytics – Big Data Phenomena
- Enterprise Applications – To Build or Not To Build
- Outsourcing – To Own or Not To Own
- Project and Programme Management
Year 2 or above BA undergraduate students with prerequisite courses indicated below:
- ACCT2111 – Introductory Financial Accounting
- DSME1030 – Economics for Business Studies I
- DSME2010/DSME2011 – Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions I / Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions
- FINA2010 – Financial Management
- MGNT1020 – Principles of Management
- MKTG2010 – Marketing Management
- Or permission of instructor
For enquiries, please contact CUHK Business School at email email@example.com
More course information will be announced after the information session. Please stay tuned!