Ha, Sunny Lin-tat（夏連達）
BBA (CUHK); MA (U of Leeds); MSc (PolyU); EdD (Bristol)
Department of Decisions, Operations and TechnologyRoom 742, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 1752
Dr Sunny Ha is a Lecturer in Department of Decisions, Operations and Technology. He also supervises the Final Year Project for students of Chung Chi College. He obtained his Doctorate in Education from the University of Bristol, Master of Arts (with Distinction) in Economics and Finance from the University of Leeds, and Master of Science (with Distinction) in Accountancy from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. His expertise lies in teaching of Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theories, Financial Accounting, and research methods. He also engages in numerous projects with Education Bureau in relation to teacher training and the studies of Economics and Humanities for secondary schools. Besides, Dr Ha is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and awarded a Certified ESG Planner (CEP) qualification by the International Chamber of Sustainable Development.
Research methods in social and business studies
Money and Banking
Hong Kong’s Real Estate Market
Economics of Education Policy
- Publications & Working Papers
- Lin-tat Ha (2023), “An Examination of the Value of Associate Degree in Hong Kong: Student, Parent and Teacher Perspectives,” Thesis (Ed.D.), University of Bristol.
- Lin-tat Ha (2015), “Is the Associate Degree Education Fairly Valued in Hong Kong?” Conference Proceedings of 2015 International Business & Education Conferences, United Kingdom.
- Lin-tat Ha (2015), “Analysis on Hong Kong’s Higher Education Policy: The Rise of Community Colleges and Associate Degrees,” Conference Proceedings of 2015 International Business & Education Conferences, United Kingdom.
- “Comprehensive Resource Pack for Virtual T&L”, Funding Scheme for Virtual Teaching and Learning awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong with HK$189,300, 2021-23 (Co-investigator)
- “Provision of Services for Conducting Training Programmes for Economics Teachers on Developing Students’ Skills of Analyzing Economic Data with the aid of e-Learning Resources”, awarded by Education Bureau, HKSAR Government with HK$700,000, 2015-16 (Co-investigator)
- “Provision of Services for Providing Course Content for EDB Web-based Learning Course in Humanities”, awarded by Education Bureau (EDB), HKSAR Government with HK$600,000, 2014-15 (Co-investigator)
- “Developing Resource Pack on Policy Evaluation and Conducting Professional Development Programmes on using the Resource Pack in the learning and teaching of Economics”, awarded by Education Bureau (EDB), HKSAR Government with HK$500,000, 2013-14 (Co-investigator)
- Awards & Honours
- Faculty Teaching Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2012-2014
- Academic/Professional Services
- Member, Environment and Sustainable Development Committee, Chung Chi College