BSc (Nanjing U); MSc, MPhil, PhD (HKUST)
Assistant Professor (by courtesy), Department of Economics
Department of Decisions, Operations and TechnologyRoom 922, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9295
Prof. Wei Huang is an Assistant Professor in Department of Decisions, Operations and Technology in The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. Prof. Huang received his PhD in Economics from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and worked as an Assistant Professor of Economics at Economics and Management School of Wuhan University previously. He is interested in applying economic theory and experiment to study human behaviour.
Behavioral Economics and Business Decisions
Economics for Business Studies
Behavioral Economics and Experimental Economics
Economics of Psychology
Applied Microeconomic Theory
- Publications & Working Papers
- Soo Hong Chew, Wei Huang, and Xun Li (2021), “Does Haze Cloud Decision Making? A Natural Laboratory Experiment,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 182, 132-161.
- Soo Hong Chew, Wei Huang, and Xiaojian Zhao (2020), “Motivated False Memory,” Journal of Political Economy, 128(10), 3913-3939.
- Fuhai Hong, Wei Huang, and Xiaojian Zhao (2019), “Sunk Cost As a Self-Management Device,” Management Science, 65(5), 2216-2230.
Selected Working Papers
- Wei Huang, Yu Wang, and Xiaojian Zhao, “Motivated Beliefs, Independence and Cooperation.”
- Soo Hong Chew, Wei Huang, and Xun Li, “A Colorful Mind.”
- Xun Li, Wei Huang, Lei Chen, and Chen Zhu, “Policy Induced Sunk Cost Effect: Revisiting China’s Vehicle Quota System.”