2019 Pre-PIM (Partnership in International Management) Conference is coming to Hong Kong!
CUHK Business School will host this year’s Pre-PIM Conference on 21 October in Hong Kong. During the conference, attendees will have the opportunity to know more about the school, meet our people, and network amongst PIM member schools.
We look forward to welcoming you to CUHK Business School and Hong Kong!
- 20 October (Sunday) – Cocktail Reception
- 17:00 – 18:30: Registration & Welcome Cocktail Reception at Salon I, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
- 21 October (Monday) – Pre-PIM Conference
- 08:45 – 09:15: Registration
- 09:15 – 09:20: Welcome Remarks
Prof. Angela Ng, Associate Dean, CUHK Business School
- 09:20 – 10:00: CUHK Business School Internationalisation Strategy & Initiatives
Prof. Angela Ng, Associate Dean, CUHK Business School
- 10:00 – 11:00: Socio-economic Development of the Greater Bay Area
Mr. Nicholas Kwan, Director of Research, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Prof. Gordon Lam, Adjunct Professor, School of Management and Economics, CUHK-Shenzhen; Co-Director of Centre for Innovation, Design & Entrepreneurship
- 11:00 – 11:20: Coffee Break
- 11:20 – 12:00: International Collaboration – Opportunities in the Greater Bay Area
Prof. Waiman Cheung, Professor, Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics; Executive Director of the Asia-Pacific Institute of Business, CUHK Business School
- 12:00 – 13:30: Lunch
- 13:30 – 14:30: Social Enterprises in Hong Kong – the Past and the Future
Prof. Elsie Tsui, Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Management, CUHK Business School; Project Director, Hong Kong Social Enterprise Challenge, CUHK Centre for Entrepreneurship
- 14:30 – 15:15: Recent Advances in Asian High-tech Industries
Prof. Seen Meng Chew, Associate Professor of Practice, Department of Finance; Associate Director, MBA Programme, CUHK Business School
- 15:15 – 15:30: Break
- 15:30 – 16:30: Campus Tour / Individual Meetings
- 18:00: Depart from Cheng Yu Tung Building
- 18:30 – 20:30: Dinner (optional)
- 22 October (Tuesday) – Half-day Tour to CUHK-Shenzhen Campus (Optional)
- 07:00 – 09:30: Travel from Hong Kong to Shenzhen
- 09:40 – 09:50: Welcome Remarks
Prof. Shiping Zhu, Vice President (External and Student Affairs), CUHK-Shenzhen
- 09:50 – 10:30: Introduction to CUHK-Shenzhen and the School of Management and Economics
Prof. Michael Ferguson, Senior Associate Dean, School of Management and Economics, CUHK-Shenzhen
- 10:30 – 11:45: Campus Tour
- 11:45 – 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00: Depart from CUHK-Shenzhen to Shenzhen/Hong Kong International Airport
CUHK campus, situated on a hillside, is the largest in Hong Kong and features a mixture of Chinese and Western architectural styles. Surrounded by the Tolo Harbour and the Tau Mo Shan Country Park, the campus is renowned for its panoramic views of the sea and mountain ranges nearby. With easy access to downtown and the airport, the campus offers visitors an opportunity to experience different sides of Hong Kong.
The Pre-PIM Conference will take place on the CUHK campus and mainly at the Cheng Yu Tung Building, a purpose-built building for the School with a well-equipped international conference centre. It is conveniently located; an MTR station and a 5-star hotel can be reached within a 2-min walk.
- About Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of Asia’s most dynamic business hub with a vibrant international community. Participants can engage themselves in the huge array of full-on diverse, fruitful and interesting activities around from enjoying multinational cuisine, shopping, sightseeing to having a fun night out. Vestiges of Chinese clan heritage and European colonial history sit side by side in Hong Kong, participants will also experience the cultural contrasts that have shaped our city.
- About CUHK Business School
Founded in 1963, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a comprehensive research university with a global vision and a mission to combine tradition with modernity, and to bring together the East and the West. CUHK offers a wide array of excellent undergraduate and postgraduate programmes through the eight Faculties. It is currently ranked the 9th in Asia and 49th in the world by QS World University Rankings.
CUHK Business School was the first business school in the region to offer BBA, MBA and EMBA programmes decades ago. We have continued to focus on sustaining this pioneering spirit through embracing innovation, nurturing entrepreneurial mindsets, promoting social responsibility, and leveraging our deep connections to the Pearl River Delta region.
CUHK Business School has an apparent geographical advantage with its location in Hong Kong and proximity to the Great Bay Area, with mainland China right across the border. This locational advantage allows us to gain invaluable insights into doing business with and in China, and be part of Asia’s bustling economy and insuppressible vitality. Our East-meets-West perspective and expertise have been a unique element in our collaborations with partners around the world.
Our insightful and comprehensive research in a wide range of disciplines has a large role in supporting Hong Kong’s continuing evolution and beyond. For example, China Business Knowledge @ CUHK, the School’s knowledge platform that aims to make the School’s research and knowledge accessible, offers the latest business insights and commentaries to the academic, business sectors as well as the general public.
The establishment of the School of Management and Economics at CUHK-Shenzhen in 2014 has enabled us to strengthen our connections in China and contributed to the socio-economic development of the Pearl River Delta Region. Furthermore, our faculty, students and alumni benefit greatly from this hub of innovation and creativity, and enjoy access to industries, business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Getting Here
- The trip from the Hong Kong International Airport to the University is about 45 minutes by taxi, with a fare of around USD45. Our campus is next to the University Station of the MTR East Rail Line and a five-star hotel – Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin. Participants can reach the City Centre within 20 minutes by MTR.
- Direct flight from Hong Kong/Shenzhen to Bangkok only takes 2 hours and 45 minutes. There are frequent direct flights from Hong Kong/Shenzhen to Bangkok every day from 8:00am to 10:00pm, with fare as low as USD120. A handful of flights are also available after midnight.