The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School’s magazine CONNECT provides a platform to inform readers of selected business topics through articles written by staff and guest writers.
In this issue, we look at three important research studies by our professors: the long-run performance effects of board members’ family connections and gender for IPO firms in Hong Kong; how beauty influences financial forecast performance in China; and how national sentiments play a significant role in foreign investments.
We’d also like to share some insights on the power of social networks, the experiences of one of our MBA alumni, and the School’s collaboration with China Life International Financial Academy on executive trainings.
- Cover Story: The Economic Benefits of Women on IPO Firm Boards
- How Beauty Influences Financial Forecast Performance
- Foreign Investments – A Matter of Head or Heart?
- The Power of Social Networks
- Alumni Story: Taking Advantage of All Opportunities – Jasvin Bhasin, MBA 2013
Please click here to download the magazine in PDF format.