Du, Timon Chih-ting（杜志挺）
BS (National Chung-Hsin); MSE, PhD (Arizona State U)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 920, 9/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8569
Prof. Timon Du is a Professor of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He was born and raised in Taiwan. He received his MSE and PhD degrees in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University (US) in 1992 and 1995, respectively. He was the Director of MSc in e-Commerce, Director of MSc in e-Business Management, Director of EMBA (Asia Pacific), Co-director of EMBA (Xian), and Director of EMBA (Chinese), offered by the same faculty. He teaches courses such as strategic information system and e-commerce offered to MBA and EMBA students and database management to undergraduate students. He was the President of International Consortium for Electronic Business involving members from more than 20 countries. His research interests are business intelligence, privacy and security, e-commerce, information sharing, subject well-being, and IT education. He has published many papers in leading international journals, such as IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Decision Support Systems, Information & Management, Communications of the ACM, IIE Transactions, International Journal of Production Research, and others. He also has many books published, including Management Education in Greater China (The Chinese University Press), Advances in Electronic Business (IGI Global), and Becoming a Hybrid Company: Competition Strategies in A Digital Age (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform). Currently, he is the Executive Editor for the International Journal of Electronic Business.
Strategic Information Systems
Database and Big Data Management
Privacy and Security
- Publications & Working Papers
- Feng Li, Timon C. Du, and Ying Wei (2020), “Enhancing supply chain decisions with consumers’ behavioral factors: An illustration of decoy effect,” Transportation Research Part E, 144, 1-24.
- Kai Li, Xiaowen Wang, and Timon C. Du (2020), “Entrepreneurial orientation, online credibility, and online performance: Evidence from SMEs in a B2B electronic market in China,” Journal of Small Business Management, 1-26.
- Feng Li, Timon Chih-ting Du, Ying Wei (2019), “Offensive pricing strategies for online platforms,” International Journal of Production Economics, 216, 287-304.
- Feng Li, Timon C. Du (2017), “The effectiveness of word of mouth in offline and online social networks,” Expert Systems with Applications, 88, 338-351.
- Feng Li and Timon Chih-ting Du (2017), “Maximizing micro-blog influence in online promotion,” Expert Systems With Applications, 70, 52-66.
- Kai Li and Timon Chih-ting Du (2015), “Building a boundary-spanning service for coopetition,” Expert Systems With Applications, 42, 8413-8422.
- Fu-kwun Wang and Timon Chih-ting Du (2014), “Implementing support vector regression with differential evolution to forecast motherboard shipments,” Expert Systems with Applications, 41, 3850-3855.
- Timon Chih Ting Du (2014), Becoming a Hybrid Company: Competition Strategies in A Digital Age, US: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Feng Li, Timon Chih-ting Du (2014), “Listen to me – Evaluating the influence of micro-blogs,” Decision Support Systems, 62, 119-130.
- Timon Chih-ting Du (2013), Management Education in Greater China, The Chinese of Hong Kong.
- Kai Li and Timon Chih-ting Du (2012), “Building a targeted mobile advertising system for location-based services,” Decision Support Systems, 54(1), 1-8.
- Timon Chih-ting Du, Vincent Siu-king Lai, Waiman Cheung, and Xiling Cui (2012), “Willingness to share information in a supply chain: A partnership-data-process perspective,” Information & Management, 49, 89-98.
- Ting Peng Liang, H.Y. Chen, Timon Chih-ting Du, Efraim Turban, Yuwen Li (2012), “Effect of Personalization on the Perceived usefulness of Online Customer Services: A Dual-Core Theory,” Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 13(4), 275-288.
- Feng Li and Timon Chih-ting Du (2011), “Who is talking? An ontology-based opinion leader identification framework for word-of-mouth marketing in online social blogs,” Decision Support Systems, 51, 190-197.
- Timon Chih-ting Du, Feng Li, and Irwin King (2009), “Managing knowledge on the Web – Extracting ontology from HTML Web,” Decision Support Systems, 47(4), 319-331.
- Timon Chih-ting Du (2009), “Building an automatic e-tendering system on the Semantic Web,” Decision Support Systems, 47, 13-21.
- W. Cheung, S.C. Chu, Timon Chih-ting Du (2009), “A technology roadmap for RFID adoption in supply chains, ” International Journal of Electronic Business, 7(1), 44-57.
- Chung-tzer Liu, Timon Chih-ting Du, and Hsiao-Hao Tsai (2009), “A study of the service quality of general portals,” Information & Management, 46, 52-56.
- Timon Chih-ting Du (2009), “Editorial: RFID in Supply Chain Networks,” 1(7), 1, UK: Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Timon Chih-ting Du, F.K. Wang, and Pu-Yun Lu (2007), “A real-time vehicle-dispatching system for consolidating milk runs,” Transportation Research Part E, 43, 565-577.
- Timon Chih-ting Du and Hsing-ling Chen (2007), “Building a Multiple-Criteria Negotiation Support System,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 19(6), 804-817.
- Eldon Y. Li, Timon Chih-ting Du, and Jacqueline Wai-ting Wong (2007), “Access control in collaborative commerce,” Decision Support Systems, 43, 675-685.
- F. K. Wang, Timon Chih-ting Du, and F.C. Wen (2007), “Product mix in the TFT-LCD industry,” Production Planning & Control, 18(7), 584-591.
- F.K. Wang and Timon Chih-ting Du, “Applying capability index to the supply network analysis,” Total Quality Management & Business Excellence,
- Ling Yu Chou, Timon Chih-ting Du, and Vincent Siu-king Lai (2007), “Continuous auditing with a multi-agent system,” Decision Support Systems, 42, 2274-2292
- “The Effect of Imitation Behaviour on Technology Adoption: A Case of ERP System (探討模仿效應於企業資源規劃系統之研究)”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2006-2008
- “A Privacy and Security Framework for EPC Network Infrastructure (EPC網絡的保安及私穩架構)”, awarded by GS1 Hong Kong, 2005-2006
- “Supply Chain Hub Study in Hong Kong and Pearl River Delta (PRD”, awarded by DHL International (HK”) Limited, 2004