Hu, Maggie Rong（胡榮）
BEng, PhD (NUS)
School of Hotel and Tourism ManagementRoom 710, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8592
Prof. Maggie Hu is currently an Assistant Professor of Real Estate and Finance at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her PhD in Finance in 2013, and Bachelor of Engineering in 2008 from National University of Singapore. Her main research interests include real estate finance, empirical corporate finance, and banking. Her research papers have been presented at several international finance and real estate conferences, and published in leading journals such as Management Science, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and Real Estate Economics.
Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Finance and Economics
Empirical Corporate Finance
- Publications & Working Papers
- Quan Gan, Maggie Hu and Wayne Xinwei Wan (2021), “Contract Rescission in Real Estate Presale Market,” Real Estate Economics, forthcoming.
- Sumit Agarwal, Maggie Hu, and Adrian Lee (2021) “Street Name Fluency and Housing Prices,” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
- Wen He, Maggie Rong Hu, and Jin Yu, “How Stable are Corporate Capital Structures? International Evidence,” Journal of Banking and Finance, 126.
- Maggie Rong Hu, Adrian Lee, and Dihan Zou (2021), “COVID-19 and Housing Prices: Australian Evidence with Daily Hedonic Returns,” Finance Research Letters.
- Yongheng Deng, Maggie Rong Hu and Adrian Lee (2020), “Melting Pot or Salad Bowl: Culture Distance and Housing Investments,” Real Estate Economics, 49(S1), 235-267.
- Maggie Rong Hu and Adrian Lee (2020), “Outshine to Outbid: Weather-Induced Mood and the Housing Market,” Management Science, 66(3), 1005-1507.
- Yuanli Fang, Maggie Rong Hu, and Qingsen Yang (2018), “Do executives benefit from shareholder disputes? Evidence from multiple large shareholders in Chinese listed firms,” Journal of Corporate Finance, 51, 275-315.
- Yongheng Deng, Maggie Rong Hu, and Anand Srinivasan (2017), “Information Asymmetry and Organisational Structure: Evidence from REITs,” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 55(1), 32-64.
- Maggie Rong Hu and He Wen (2016), “Religion and Bank Loan Terms,” Journal of Banking and Finance, 64, 205-215.
- Xudong An, Yongheng Deng, Maggie Rong Hu, and Jeffrey D. Fisher (2016), “Commercial Real Estate Rental Index: A Dynamic Panel Data Model Estimation,” Real Estate Economics, 44(2), 378-410.
- Maggie Rong Hu and He Wen (2014), “Aggregate Earnings and Market Returns: International Evidence,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 49(4), 879-901.
- UNSW Business School Special Research Grant with AU$7,000, 2014-2015
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Grant with AU$625,000, 2014-2017
- UTS Business School Research Grant with AU$9,914, 2015-2016
- UNSW Business School Special Research Grant with AU$5,760, 2016-2017
- Awards & Honours
- 3rd Place, Best Paper Award at Global Real Estate Summit (AsRES joint with GCREC), 2015
- Best Paper Award at Indonesian Financial Management Association (IFMA) International Conference, 2016