Ke, Tony T.（柯特）
BS (Peking U); PhD (UC Berkeley)
Associate Professor, Department of Marketing | Associate Professor (by courtesy), Department of Decisions, Operations and Technology
Outstanding Fellow of the Faculty of Business Administration
Department of MarketingRoom 1122, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8565
Prof. Tony Ke is an Associate Professor of Marketing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He received a PhD in Operations Research, an MA in Statistics and an MA in Economics from University of California at Berkeley, and a BS in Physics and a BS in Statistics from Peking University. His research is in the area of quantitative marketing, microeconomic theory and industrial organisation. His recent works focus on consumer search, online advertising and platforms, and economics of privacy, data and algorithms. His research work has been accepted for publication at Management Science, Marketing Science, Journal of Economic Theory, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, and Production and Operations Management. He spent five years as an assistant professor at MIT Sloan School of Management before joining CUHK. He is an associate editor of Quantitative Marketing and Economics and on the editorial board of Marketing Science and Journal of Marketing Research.
- Publications & Working Papers
- T.T. Ke, Jiwoong Shin and Jungju Yu, “A model of product portfolio design: guiding consumer search through brand positioning,” Marketing Science, forthcoming.
- T.T. Ke and Sudhir, K. (2023), “Privacy rights and data security: GDPR and personal data markets,” Management Science, 69(8), 4363-4971.
- T.T. Ke, Christopher Li, and Mikhail Safronov (2023), “Learning by choosing: career concerns with observable actions,” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 15(2), 536-567.
- T.T. Ke, Tang, Wenpin, Villas-Boas, J. and Zhang, Yuming (2022), “Parallel search for information in continuous time—optimal stopping and geometry of the PDE,” Applied Mathematics & Optimization, 85(3).
- T.T. Ke and Y. Zhu (2021), “Cheap talk on freelance platforms,” Management Science, 67(9), 5901-5920.
- T.T. Ke and S. Lin (2020), “Informational complementarity,” Management Science, 66(8), 3699-3716.
- M.C. Janssen and T.T. Ke (2020), “Searching for service,” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 12(1), 188-219.
- X. Cao and T.T. Ke (2019), “Cooperative search advertising,” Marketing Science, 38(1), 44-67.
- T.T. Ke and J.M. Villas-Boas (2019), “Optimal learning before choice,” Journal of Economic Theory, 180, 383-437.
- T.T. Ke, Z.J.M. Shen, and J.M. Villas-Boas (2016), “Search for information on multiple products,” Management Science, 62(12), 3576-3603.
- T.T. Ke, Z.J.M. Shen, and S. Li (2013), “How inventory cost influences introduction timing of product line extensions,” Production and Operations Management, 22(5), 1214-1231.
- Awards & Honours
- Research Excellence Award 2022-2023, CUHK
- Outstanding Fellow of the Faculty of Business Administration, CUHK, 2023
- Marketing Science Service Award, 2021, 2022
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2018
- Management Science Meritorious Service Award, 2017, 2020
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Haas School of Business, 2014
- Academic/Professional Services
- Board of Governors, English Schools Foundation, 2023-2026
- Associate Editor: Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 2021-present
- Editorial Board, Marketing Science, 2020-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Marketing Research, 2023-present