Ke, Tony T.（柯特）
BS (Peking U); PhD (UC Berkeley)
Associate Professor (by courtesy), Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics
Department of MarketingRoom 1109, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8565
Prof. Tony Ke is an Associate Professor of Marketing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He received a PhD in Operations Research, an MA in Statistics and an MA in Economics from University of California at Berkeley, and a BS in Physics and a BS in Statistics from Peking University. His research is in the area of quantitative marketing, microeconomic theory and industrial organisation. His recent works focus on consumer search, online advertising and platforms, and economics of privacy, data and algorithms. His research work has been accepted for publication at Management Science, Marketing Science, Journal of Economic Theory, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, and Production and Operations Management. He spent five years as an assistant professor at MIT Sloan School of Management before joining CUHK. He is an associate editor of Quantitative Marketing and Economics and on the editorial board of Marketing Science.
Customer Relationship Management
- Publications & Working Papers
- T.T. Ke, Jiwoong Shin and Jungju Yu, “A Model of Product Portfolio Design: Guiding Consumer Search through Brand Positioning,” Marketing Science, forthcoming.
- T. T. Ke and Sudhir, K., “Privacy Rights and Data Security: GDPR and Personal Data Driven Markets,” Management Science, forthcoming.
- T.T. Ke, Tang, Wenpin, Villas-Boas, J. and Zhang, Yuming (2022), “Parallel Search for Information in Continuous Time—Optimal Stopping and Geometry of the PDE,” Applied Mathematics & Optimization, 85. 10.1007/s00245-022-09862-3.
- T.T. Ke, Christopher Li, and Mikhail Safronov, “Learning by Choosing: Career Concerns with Observable Actions.” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, forthcoming.
- T.T. Ke and Y. Zhu, “Cheap Talk on Freelance Platforms,” Management Science, 67(9), 5901-5920.
- T.T. Ke and S. Lin (2020), “Informational complementarity,” Management Science, 66(8), 3699-3716.
- M.C. Janssen and T.T. Ke (2020), “Searching for service,” American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 12(1), 188-219.
- X. Cao and T.T. Ke (2019), “Cooperative search advertising,” Marketing Science, 38(1), 44-67.
- T.T. Ke and J.M. Villas-Boas (2019), “Optimal learning before choice,” Journal of Economic Theory, 180, 383-437.
- T.T. Ke, Z.J.M. Shen, and J.M. Villas-Boas (2016), “Search for information on multiple products,” Management Science, 62(12), 3576-3603.
- T.T. Ke, Z.J.M. Shen, and S. Li (2013), “How inventory cost influences introduction timing of product line extensions,” Production and Operations Management, 22(5), 1214-1231.
- Awards & Honours
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2018
- Management Science Meritorious Service Award, 2017
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Haas School of Business, 2014
- Academic/Professional Services
- Editorial Board, Marketing Science, 2020-Present