Lam, Howard Pong-yuen
BSc, MBA (CUHK); MSc (London); PhD (CUHK)
Adjunct Associate ProfessorContact
Department of MarketingRoom 1101, 11/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8558
Prof. Howard Lam is Adjunct Associate Professor in Department of Marketing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. In 2017-2019, he was Director (Marketing and Communications) of School of Management and Economics, CUHK-Shenzhen. In 2013-2016, he was professor and EMBA Associate Director at CUHK. Before he became a professor, he was practitioner with rich commercial experience and a record of sustained leadership and innovation for over 25 years. He had worked at P&G, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola and Lee Kum Kee Health Products Group, and gradually moved up the ranks from brand assistant, brand manager, marketing director, general manager consumer marketing to senior vice president. With his excellent marketing strategy and cross-functional leadership, he has won several global awards at the Coca-Cola Company. One award is the best new product launch for Minute Maid juice drink with pulp. It is also the first juice drink from a developing country, and is then rolled out to the world. Other awards include the best brand marketing asset program, the best implementation of marketing communication campaign, and the best in show for carbonated beverages.
New Product Launch
Data Mining/Text Mining
- Publications & Working Papers
- Kin-nam Lau, Kam-hon Lee, Ying Ho, Howard Pong-yuen Lam (2004), “Mining the web for business intelligence: Homepage analysis in the internet era,” Journal of Database Marketing, 12(1), 32-54.
- Kin-nam Lau, Howard Pong-yuen Lam (2002), “Economic Freedom Ranking of 161 Countries in Year 2000: A Minimum Disagreement Approach,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, 53, 664-671.
- Kin-nam Lau, Kam-hon Lee, Howard Pong-yuen Lam (2001), “Web-site Marketing for the Tourism Industry: A Rejoinder,” Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 42(6), 66-67.
- Kin-nam Lau, Kam-hon Lee, Howard Pong-yuen Lam, Ying Ho (2001), “Web-site Marketing for the Travel-and-Tourism Industry,” Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 42(6), 55-62.