BS (SWUFE); PhD (Columbia)
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 940, 9/F, Cheng Yu Tung Building, 12 Chak Cheung Street, Shatin
+852 3943 7804
Prof. Anran Li is an associate professor at the Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. Prior to joining CUHK, she was a faculty member at the Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Prof. Li received her PhD in Operations Research from Columbia University in 2017.
Prof. Li is broadly interested in designing algorithms and analysing data in order to optimise supply chain decisions. More precisely, Prof. Li focuses on developing and estimating consumer choice models using econometric tools, optimising assortment and recommendation for both traditional retailing and online digital platform, and creating a fair marketplace for all shareholders. Prof. Li’s research has been published in leading journals such as Operations Research and Management Science. Prof. Li is passionate about bringing impacts to practice through the work. She is an active external researcher and scientist for a number of companies, including Hewlett Packard, SAS Institute, Sabre Airline Solutions and Jet.com.
Prof. Li has served as reviewer for premier journals such as Operations Research and Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management and Production and Operations Management. Prof. Li is the co-organiser of the 2023 INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RM&P) Section Conference.
Supply chain management
Revenue management and dynamic pricing
Supply Chain Management
Choice Modeling and Assortment Optimization
Dynamic Programming and Online Algorithm
- Publications & Working Papers
- Anran Li and Guillermo Gallego, “Attention, Consideration then Selection Choice Model”, under Minor Review at Operations Research.
- Anran Li, Guillermo Gallego, Van-Anh Truong, and Xinshang Wang, “Online Personalized Resource Allocation with Customer Choice”, invited for resubmission at Operations Research.
- Anran Li and Kalyan Talluri, “Estimating demand with unobserved no-purchases on revenue-managed data”, under Major Review at M&SOM.
- Anran Li, Ningyuan Chen, and Shuoguang Yang, “Revenue Maximization and Learning in Products Ranking”, under Major Review at Operations Research. Accepted to EC’21.
- Anran Li, Pin Gao, Yuhang Ma, Ningyuan Chen, Guillermo Gallego, Paat Rusmevichientong, and Huseyin Topaloglu (2021), “Assortment Optimization and Pricing under the Multinomial Logit Model with Impatient Customers: Sequential Recommendation and Selection”, Operations Research. Vol. 69, No. 5.
- Anran Li, Ningyuan Chen, and Kalyan Talluri (2021), “Reviews and Self-selection Bias with Operational Implications” and, Management Science. Vol. 67, No. 12.
- Anran Li, Guillermo Gallego, Van-Anh Truong, and Xinshang Wang (2020), “Approximation Algorithms for Product Framing and Pricing”, Operations Research. Vol. 68, No. 1.
- “Revenue Maximization and Learning in Products Ranking”, RIIF Fund awarded by LSE Department of Management with £4,000, 2021-2022
- “Product Line Design and Pricing under the Basic Attraction Model”, RIIF Fund awarded by LSE Department of Management with £10,000, 2020-2021