BA, MS (University of Chicago); Ph.D. (NYU Stern)
Department of FinanceRoom 1234, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 8568
Prof. Botao Wu is an Assistant Professor of the Department of Finance at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School. He obtained his PhD in Finance at NYU Stern School of Business. He is interested in market liquidity, asset pricing, and monetary policy transmissions.
- Publications & Working Papers
- Botao Wu (2020), “Post-Crisis Regulations, Trading Delays, and Increasing Corporate Bond Liquidity Premium”.
- Farshid Abdi and Botao Wu (2018), “Pre-FOMC Information Asymmetry”.
- Falk Brauning and Botao Wu (2017), “ECB Monetary Policy Transmission during Normal and Negative Interest Periods”.
- Awards & Honours
- Best Paper Award in Market Microstructure (Semifinalist), FMA, 2021
- Academic/Professional Services
- Research Assistant, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, 2015-2016