Yang, George Y.
BA, MA (Peking U); PhD (Northwestern); CICPA
School of AccountancyRoom 1014, 10/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7832
Management Control Systems
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Publications & Working Papers
- Zhaoyang Gu, Zengquan Li, George Y. Yang, Guangqing Li (2019), “Friends in Need Are Friends Indeed: An Analysis of Social Ties Between Financial Analysts and Mutual Fund Managers,” The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Ying Cao, L. Myers, A. Tsang, George Y. Yang (2016), “Management Forecasts and the Cost of Equity Capital: International Evidence,” Review of Accounting Studies.
- Ying Cao, D. Dhaliwal, Z. Li, and George Y. Yang (2015), “Are All Independent Directors Equally Informed? Evidence Based on Their Trading Returns and Social Networks,” Management Science, 61(4), 795-813.
- D. Dhaliwal, Z. Li, Albert Tsang, and George Y. Yang (2014), “Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure and the Cost of Equity Capital: The Roles of Stakeholder Orientation and Financial Transparency,” The Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 33, 328-355.
- Joseph P. H. Fan, F. Guan, Z. Li, and George Y. Yang (2014), “Relationship Networks and Earnings Informativeness: Evidence from Corruption Cases,” Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 41(7-8), 831-866.
- P. Hostak, T. Lys, and George Y. Yang (2013), “An Examination of the Impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the Attractiveness of U.S. Capital Markets for Foreign Firms,” The Review of Accounting Studies, 18(2), 522-559.
- Zhaoyang Gu, Z. Li, and George Y. Yang (2013), “Monitors or Predators: The Influence of Institutional Investors on Sell-side Analysts,” The Accounting Review, 88(1), 137-169.
- D. Dhaliwal, S. Radhakrishnan, Albert Tsang, and George Y. Yang (2012), “Nonfinancial Disclosure and Analyst Forecast Accuracy: International Evidence on Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure,” The Accounting Review, 87(3), 723-759.
- D. Dhaliwal, Oliver Zhen Li, Albert Tsang, and George Y. Yang (2011), “Voluntary Nonfinancial Disclosure and the Cost of Equity Capital: The Initiation of Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting,” The Accounting Review, 86(1), 59-100.
- “Monitors or Predators: Institutional Investors Allocating Commission Fees to Analysts Brokerage Houses”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2010-2012
- “The Rewards to Meeting or Beating Analyst Earnings Forecasts (MBE): Revisited (達到分析師預測的報酬)”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2007-2009
- “Does Sarbanes-Oxley Act Make US Capital Market Less Attractive to Foreign Firms? – Evidence from Voluntary Delistings Sarbanes-Oxley (Oxley法案讓美國資本市場吸引力降低了嗎﹖—來自自願下市的實証分析)”, Earmarked Grants awarded by Research Grants Council, 2006-2009