Leung, Jerrel Chun-yip
MS (Erasmus); PhD (CUHK)
Research Assistant ProfessorContact
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial EconomicsRoom 736, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 9283
Prof. Jerrel Leung is currently a Research Assistant Professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, where he teaches IS related courses. Prior to that he has gained hands on IS experience by taking up business analyst and project manager positions. He has published various articles in refereed journals and conference proceedings. His current research interest is in IT adoption, IoT, cloud computing, and big data analytics. Prof. Leung’s active research output gained accolades in Postgraduate Research Output Award 2014 of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Most Innovative Use of EPC/RFID Award and Best EPC/RFID Implementation Award 2011 in the GS1 Hong Kong RFID Award, Merit Award 2011 in e-Logistics and Supply Chain Management Category in the Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Award.
Internet of Things
Big Data Analytics
- Publications & Working Papers
- Sung-chi Chu, Waiman Cheung, Jerrel Leung, and Gang Chen (2015), “Towards Collaborative e-Service,” International Journal of Electronic Business, 12(3), 242-257.
- Jerrel Leung, Waiman Cheung, Sung-chi Chu (2014), “Aligning RFID Applications with Supply Chain Strategies,” Information & Management, 51(2), 260-269.
- Gang Chen, Waiman Cheung, Sung-chi Chu, and Jerrel Leung (2013), “Party e-Service Elucidating, Redefining, and Extending e-Services,” Proceedings of Asia Pacific Decision Sciences Institute, Bali.
- Jerrel Leung, Sung-chi Chu, and Waiman Cheung (2013), “Design Research Guidelines for Mindful IT Innovations: The Case of RFID Innovation in Supply Chain Management,” Proceedings of Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Maui.
- Jerrel Leung, Waiman Cheung, and Sung-chi Chu (2010), “Dynamic Isomorphism: IT Adaptation of the Bandwagon Followers,” Proceedings of International Conference on Electronic Business, Shanghai.
- Jerrel Leung, Waiman Cheung, and Sung-chi Chu (2009), “Towards a Framework for Aligning RFID Applications with Supply Chain Strategies,” Proceedings of International Conference on Electronic Business, Macau.
- Jerrel Leung, Frank C. H. Tong, and Zongwei Luo (2009), “A Proposed Cross Platform Privacy and Security Framework for Supply Chain Information Sharing,” Proceedings of International Conference on Electronic Business, Macau.
- Co-investigator, “Absourcing: Absorbing Information Technology for Core Competence Building”, University Direct Grant awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2015
- Awards & Honours
- Postgraduate Research Output Award, CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2014
- Most Innovative Use of EPC/RFID (Gold) Award, GS1 Hong Kong RFID Awards 2011, for End-to-End RFID Adoption in Supply Chains: Visibility, Innovations & Beyond
- Best EPC/RFID Implementation (Bronze) Award, GS1 Hong Kong RFID Awards 2011, for End-to-End RFID Adoption in Supply Chains: Visibility, Innovations & Beyond
- Merit Award in e-Logistics and Supply Chain Management Category, Asia Pacific ICT Alliance (APICTA) Awards 2011, for RFID-enabled On-Target Supply Chain Visibility Platform