BS (Southwestern University of Economics and Finance); MBA, PhD (CUNY)
Adjunct Assistant ProfessorContact
Department of FinanceRoom 1201, 12/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building
12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
+852 3943 7805
Dr. Hongqi Liu is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Department of Finance at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School, and an Assistant Professor of Finance at CUHK-Shenzhen. She received her PhD from Baruch College, City University of New York in June 2016. Her research interest is on behavioural finance, with a particular focus on investor attention. Her dissertation “Essays on Investor Attention” was awarded the Oscar Lasdon Memorial Award for the best doctoral dissertation in the field of finance or investment.
- Academic Publications & Working Papers
- Hongqi Liu, Nan Xu and Jianming Ye (2015), “Short Sellers’ Accusations Against Chinese Reverse Mergers: Information Analytics or Guilt by Association?“, China Journal of Accounting Research, 8(2), 111-131.
- Investor Attention: Seasonal Patterns and Endogenous Allocations, with Lin Peng and Yi Tang
- Investor Attention and Merger Announcements
- Idiosyncratic volatility, short-term reversal, and representative bias, with Lin Peng and Yi Tang